Escape Chapter 2 Ambush

Three days after leaving Earth, the Ark fleet has lost contact with Earth, the fighter fleet is all moored to the three giant hangars, only the escort fleet is still flying together with the fleet at 13% of the speed of light in the endless space

"They're following us again," said Faye, sitting on the bridge of the Guardian.

"Sun Ming, sitting on the bridge of another giant ship, "Gods", said calmly.

At that time, the Imperial fleet, which was busy landing on Earth, did not pursue them. In Faye's words, "the Empire had the intention to drive us away, they should not care about our escape. "

However, the good times did not last long, since yesterday, the unmanned detectors Sun Ming had laid along the way finally found an enemy fleet tracking them, and it was the Imperial First Fleet. After a day of escape, the Ark fleet was not able to get rid of the enemy, and did not dare to use the FTL space jump in case of possible attack, so they played hide-and-seek with their opponents by regular navigation.

"It seems that our resistance has shaken the Atlantean Empire so much that they have abandoned their original intention and want to annihilate us", said Maguire, leaning leisurely on the seat of the fleet flagship "Dinosaur".

"The enemy situation is clear, the remnants of the Empire's First Fleet, about 4500 ships, divided into three divisions, taking a cross-coverage approach in pursuit of us, so we were not able to lose them." A message from Sun Ming came on the communication screen.

"En, send an unmanned ship 30 degrees to the left, 15 degrees to the zenith, have it release probes at regular intervals, and the main fleet stop using probes from now on and head 15 degrees to the right, 30 degrees to the zenith," Huo Xin ordered.

"In that case, even if everything goes well, at the current speed, in about 5 hours, the unmanned ship will be recognized by the opponent, and we will be captured by another detachment near Mars, are you sure you still want to make such an arrangement" Sun Ming quickly calculated, but still calmly confirmed.

"Yes."

"Understood."

"The Ark fleet made a light turn and crossed the space instantly.

Five hours later, the Ark fleet, which had gotten rid of one enemy force, encountered a second enemy detachment near Mars.

"Well, let's see the last card here," Huo Xin said with a long sigh.

"The last card" Sun Ming's eyes flashed for a moment, and then quickly returned to ice cold

The commander of the escort group, Yamamoto, looked at the space rock swarm that was getting closer and closer, and couldn't help but feel relieved. It seems that Lieutenant General Huo Xin wanted to fight an ambush to get rid of the pursuers. The messy asteroid belt is undoubtedly the best hideout in the universe. Fighting here will not only eliminate the gap in detection capability with the invasion forces, but also, due to the presence of asteroids, the rest of the invasion forces may not be able to jump directly FTL to the battlefield, right? If we have to fight, this is indeed the best battlefield for us.

"Commodore Yamamoto, your fleet's mission is to lure the enemy, make a simple ambush, then use the speed advantage of light ships to attract the enemy to pursue, and the final attack operation will be launched by Colonel Maguire's flight brigade, and disengage with a single strike" came Huo Xin's instruction on the communication screen.

"Understood," Yamamoto replied, hesitating for a few seconds before finally asking, "Lieutenant General, how do you plan to leave the asteroid belt, there is not enough space here for our ships to accelerate at FTL, we are likely to be trapped here after wiping out this enemy force and unable to leave. After all, simply by conventional navigation, we are somewhat inferior to the invading army in terms of speed, and only FTL will make it possible to get rid of them completely"

"We will have enough time and space for FTL acceleration," said Huo Xin.

Half an hour later, at the edge of the asteroid belt, a search detachment from the Atlantean Empire's First Fleet also appeared. Faced with the rocks, Rangers commander Tyndall hesitated, but continued to track. After all, Lieutenant General Eindhoven was commanding two other Rangers to jump in this direction. The enemy fleeing fleet only had 1000 or so ships, and they were all mainly light ships, so even if they ambushed themselves, it was unlikely that they wouldn't be able to hold out for a few minutes. On the contrary, if the Earthlings were allowed to sail here, these Earthlings were really good at escaping, Thaddeus thought so and commanded the fleet to sail carefully into space.

"Spotted," shortly after sailing, Tyndall still caught the Yamamoto frigate group, "Can't get away, 1000 ships all shields on full, bounce these asteroid debris and assault the Terrans." Tyndall gave the order to attack with glee.

As expected, the opponent's fleet began to retreat in a hurry after a feeble flurry of fire, but to avoid the interference of the asteroids, the retreat of the Terrans was significantly slower, and Tyndall stared at the radar screen.