Homeland Chapter 6: The Lost Civilization

The eighth star system of the Andromeda Galaxy is actually a middle-aged galaxy, vibrant and alive, but, probably because of the mood that arrived here back then, this not-so-desolate place is instead called a desert galaxy, just look at the naming of the individual planets: Sand Star, Gobi Star, Swamp Star, Ice Field Star, Lava Star, Storm Star. In short, none of them is a place where humans can live happily.

Perhaps the names are also a curse, so the humans did not find their resting place in the desert galaxy, and after 30 years of peace, fate seemed to bring disaster to the newborn Sand Stars once again.

"Gods fleet continue to assault, dinosaur fleet began to FTL jump, front line observers, immediately give me the report of enemy losses", although all the Sand Star people know well, the war that destroyed the Earth civilization, but Krishnan apparently not as sensitive as Faye, "the same start does not mean the same result", the young ruler. The same opening does not mean the same result," the young consul commented.

"Oh! My God, the number of enemy fleets has been drastically reduced, the initial estimate is that more than 7,000 enemy ships were destroyed and the enemy fleets did not react to the battle", the observer said, not believing his eyes.

"The total number of enemy ships has been reduced to less than 60,000", the same report reached the defense headquarters of Sandstar from dozens of observation points. It is worth mentioning that the information transmitted at the speed of light is obviously not enough for the battlefield, so all the information is carried by small FTL communicators, which quickly jump into space and then send signals through ordinary radio waves. This kind of communicator has been improved for 4 generations, finally fully matured in terms of cost effectiveness, called "carrier pigeon".

"Second wave of attack, damage rate 90%, the number of enemy ships reduced again, less than 50,000, no imminent battle response." Report from the second group of carrier pigeons

"Immediately search the nearby space to prevent the enemy ships from spatial transfer and confirm the wreckage of the enemy fleet." Apparently, the odd battle situation made Krishnan feel confused.

"We should suspend the dinosaur fleet's FTL jump raid, there is no need to do a suicide attack for now." Yamamoto suggested.

"You're right, pause immediately." Krinan immediately issued a command.

"Your Excellency the Consul, the wreckage is confirmed, the enemy ships are indeed destroyed, the frontline commander suspects an unmanned fleet, requesting to suspend the third wave of attack." The chief of staff said.

"Eh," Krishnan began to muse

A long sigh, old and sad

Crinan looked back at Faye, "What's wrong"

"What's wrong" Faye then asked to Yamamoto.

"I did not do anything" Yamamoto turned his head and looked around, "strange, there is no other old man here, ah, is not you, Faye"

"Of course it's not me, I never sigh like that, only you can make that kind of"

"Did anyone else hear anything?" Krishnan was the first to respond and asked loudly.

"Faye or Yamamoto-san is sighing," replied the entire command deck.

"Impossible, even if we both sighed together, the sound could not be heard by everyone," Yamamoto said.

"Woe" again, the entire command became deadly silent, all heads turned sideways, exchanging fears with each other.

"Children, stop it, you are facing a defenseless fleet, there is no one left alive here except me, your cannon fire is tearing the bodies of brave men and devouring their fearless spirits."

"My God, who's talking?" The command was in chaos, and the senior commanders of the Sandstar army panicked as the guards nervously pulled out their weapons and quickly checked every possible corner.

"Do not panic, children." The old voice came back again, still so clear in the midst of the chaos, "I am speaking directly to your minds, my voice can reach directly into your hearts across space, you just need to pause your cannon fire and listen to me quietly."

The chief of staff looked at Krishnan with an enquiring gaze, and the young consul gave a slight nod, whereupon the order to cease fire immediately reached the forefront, and the three major cosmic fleets surrounded the remaining 40,000 odd ships, and then the glow of the dim starry sky finally ceased.

"We come from the distant invasion star of the Vega system," continued the old voice.

"The Atlantean Empire," Faye couldn't help but blurt out. Crinan raised his right hand to launch a new attack

"Oh, the invasion army, my heart begins to bleed when I hear that name" the old voice trembled, and the crowd suddenly felt a deep heartache.

"In the vast Vega system, there is a beautiful twin star, two very similar planets revolving around a common center, so close to each other that we call them Windstar and Thunderstar" the old voice continued.

"Due to the superior and similar natural conditions, about 100 million years ago, the first higher intelligent beings, Windstar and Thunderstar people, were born on both planets. However, the wonders of fate led these two similar intelligent creatures to take different evolutionary paths. They used trees and caves to build their dwellings, stones and natural metals to make tools, and animal skins and bird feathers to protect their bodies from the cold, their limbs became strong and dexterous, their minds became calm and rational, they became better and better at inventing and using all kinds of tools, and they built a great civilization system - mechanical civilization"

A civilizational system? Krishnan and Faye and others looked at each other, exchanging a kind of doubt, could there be other civilization systems?

"Of course there are other kinds of civilization systems," the old voice continued, "and the Thunder Star people also belong to the mechanical civilization you may not know, creatures in addition to the body's strength there is a powerful ability, that is, mental power. In ancient times, mental power is a powerful weapon for human survival, people rely on mental foresight, avoid sudden natural disasters, rely on mental communication to achieve better communication, with the evolution of mechanical civilization, human mental power gradually for the body's power to cover, gradually degraded, gradually die out, people rely on tools and language to replace the role of mental power, so people eventually forget this gift , mental power became an uncontrollable potential for most humans, hidden in the deepest part of the body."

"Could it be that the Wind Star people," Krishnan suddenly flashed the idea.

"Yes," the old voice responded immediately, "the Wind Star people have built a civilization system different from the mechanical civilization, they do not rely or rarely rely on limbs and tools, in most cases, they use the ability of the mind to accomplish their needs, can use the power of the mind to move objects, use telepathy to communicate ideas, use precognition to avoid danger, and can even control the body's metabolism through mental power to adapt to the needs of the environment. This magical civilization system is called the civilization of intention."