Invasion Chapter 8: The Lunar Rendezvous of the Trident

The First Fleet of the Atlantean Empire finally put away its contempt for the Earth Army and made the most correct decision at the most precise moment, with the protective armored ships being moved to a collar formation facing Earth. As expected, the first blow came from this collar of death, the Earth ion cannon array, long-range strategic missiles and air and sky bombers fleet, the lightning trifecta of the Earth fleet arrived in succession

It turns out that, in order to deal with the pure energy shield, the Earth Army to the first strike to an accurate 100-second error, pre-emptively sent a large number of airborne bomber formations in space for hovering movement, always maintained at sublight speed, followed by the ground missile base to launch strategic nuclear missiles, and after the launch, the missiles accelerated to the limit of speed, the bomber fleet began to impact the enemy fleet, the ground ion gun array fire, beam cannons after the The beam cannon energy and the shield energy entangled for about 1 second, and the nuclear missile attack also reached the predetermined position and hit the shield again.

Before the energy wave of the nuclear blast dissipated, the air and space bombers cut through the residual wave of the nuclear blast, angled from the zenith at 30 degrees and dropped all the bombs they carried, then left the battlefield by the zenith at 30 degrees. This entire attack plan was designed by the Star Alliance, called the "Trident" aerial bombardment fleet, which brought together 15,000 ace pilots of the Star Alliance, with the most prestigious young air combat commander, Colonel "Space Eagle" Maguire In charge of the front-line attack

"The result of the Trident was a surprise to both sides of the battle, as it was expected to destroy 30% of the enemy ships, but only destroyed less than 1000 and wounded another 300, and there were no main ships among them. Only the First Fleet of the Atlantis Empire did not expect the strongest defensive armor group to be wiped out by the Earth Army in one blow. In addition, hundreds of medium-sized destroyers in the inner layer were injured.

At the same time, several carrier ships took off from the Moon and flew around the battlefield under the cover of frigates towards Earth, that was the 14th Fleet picking up the Moon defending forces and returning to Earth for rest and recuperation. In the lunar defense battle, 300,000 defending troops, without any support, held the Atlantean Empire fleet alone for 4 hours, eliminating 7,000 enemy land battle units and assisting the Earth fleet in the battle with the enemy, while the lunar defending troops themselves, 280,000 soldiers were killed, 11 colonels and above died bravely, and the remaining personnel, from the commander, Lieutenant General Verdis down, almost Everyone was wounded.

Vidis looked at Huo Xin next to him, the dark-haired middle-aged man obviously enjoying the cup of green tea in his hands. The Oriental Huo Xin seems not to care at all about his boss who is four years younger than him, his ability is indeed better than his own, but does not seem to have such good luck as himself, has been working as a staff to the generals, it is a pity. This time the moon battle, if he was not by his side, as well as those few orders at the critical moment, I'm afraid he could not have accomplished these miracles, right, but the final honor and merit is still the biggest part of the share of himself

"Brigadier General Huo Xin" Brigadier General Faye was the first to break the silence, "What do you think the master invited us here for"

Faye was also a very impressive guy, only 35 years old and promoted to Brigadier General, and lucky enough to be one of the 70 men left in the 1st Armored Division.

It turns out that the moon troops just landed at the base on Earth, Marshal Alker personally greeted them and gave all the officers a promotion, and gave Vides, Faye and others the "Purple Heart", and the four fallen officers such as Elixir and White were awarded the "Moon Warrior". It is important to know that those who received the title of "Moon Warrior" are those who died in the line of duty, and only 8 people have received this honor until now. After the award ceremony, everyone returned to their quarters or hospitals to rest and prepare to go into battle again. Suddenly some mysterious oriental people appeared to invite Vides, Huo Xin and Faye to this place.

Huo Xin carefully tasted the green tea in the cup, the tea leaves were really plucked from the wild tea tree, and the wall was hung with Chinese paintings. It was obvious that the owner was a person who was very fond of Eastern culture and was very powerful, not just anyone could barge into the general officer's quarters area and invite these three people here directly for tea.

"Because I have something to ask the three of you" came a voice, and from outside the door came a middle-aged man with a smile on his face.