Homeland Chapter 2 On the Way

"What is the essence of democracy" Mr. Stan, who had not spoken, suddenly asked.

"The essence," Huo Xin mused, "is to maintain the interests of the majority of people, to hear more voices, and to give everyone a fair chance as much as possible."

"My original name is Stadak," Mr. Stan said slowly.

"Stadak," Huo Xin was astonished, "the initiator of the Global Interstellar Alliance, single-handedly contributing to the Global Interstellar Alliance system, completing the most important step of global integration"

"Yes, I was once the most loyal advocate of democracy, democracy is my life's faith," said Stan.

"Please teach me, sir," said Huo Xin, bowing to the old man.

"I have the most respect for democracy, until I was 40 years old, I spent my life fighting for the establishment of the broadest democratic system, at the age of 42, the Global Interstellar Alliance system was established, and I have completed my historical mission, finally I have time to spare to think," Stan asked for a cup of coffee and began his discourse.

"The truth of the universe is that the weak are strong, under a certain premise, it is possible to achieve a system in which the strong and the weak live together as equals, but the premise is that there is a stronger being to maintain this system, once, this stronger being dies out, the system will collapse, and chaos will produce new strong people, and the strong people will establish a new system according to their own will, under the rules of this new system The strongest will establish a new system according to their will, and under the rules of this new system, a new equality will be established. Therefore, it is the truth of the universe that the weak are the strong. This is the first misunderstanding of democracy that people have had for a long time, thinking that democracy is something innate."

"This is the time for a new faith to be established, just as it was in America in Washington's time, and a right faith will usher in a new era." Stan replied firmly.

"I see but there is still the question of what kind of faith to build? The faith of democracy the faith of dictatorship?"

"What we need now is such a social system, first, the power side must be centralized, decentralized power can check and balance each other, but lack of efficiency, can not play the maximum human capacity; second, the interests must be balanced, taking care of the interests of the vast majority of people." Stan said.

Homeland Chapter 3 The Great Society

"Now we have favorable conditions unprecedented in human history: we hold absolute power; the army and Lieutenant General Huo have long won the widespread trust of the population; all humans share the same common ideal of defeating the Atlantean Empire to return to Earth; our people have experienced the tribulations of the Earth's apocalyptic era and tens of thousands of light years of escape, and have enough psychology to withstand any change."

"Crazy is a crazy idea" Huo Xin still mumbled the meaningless bytes, but, the eyes are getting clearer and clearer, "can I do it" After a long silence, he finally asked the last question in his mind.

"Of course, a quasi-dictatorial consulship," Mr. Stan replied.

"Quasi-dictatorship?"

"Such a system, the power of the consul is not too big, if for personal gain, it is difficult to be restrained, although the Council of Elders nominally have the power of impeachment, but, the number of Elders, the actual power is scattered, it is impossible to counterbalance the consul ah," Huo Xin asked.

Mr. Stan said, "with the current state of human civilization, technological leap regardless of what kind of social system, there will be at least 30 years of the golden age. From this point of view, the quasi-dictatorial consul system can precisely meet these requirements."

"The student really understands this time" Huo Xin stood up and opened the blackout curtain on the window, the fiery red afterglow of the setting sun of the sand star suddenly filled the whole room, and in the distance, there was an endless yellow sand and a sky full of golden flying clouds