Escape Chapter 19: Military Brothers

All the people were silent, only the words "some cold" echoed in the ears. No one could believe that the virginal and gentle "red star" revealed its fierce fangs, devouring the spirits of the brave.

"Well, everyone saw it," Sun Ming snapped out of his silence and walked to the communication broadcast screen, "Space Eagle did not die under the guns of the Atlantean Empire, nor in the third dimension, he died under the impulse and frenzy of everyone. As his comrade in arms, I am very saddened. But I am also proud that, for whatever reason, his death was the price he paid for Earth civilization. This is the highest honor for us soldiers. I joined the Baath Party on the commission of Lieutenant General Huo Xin, hoping to maintain the stability and rationality of the military and prevent overreaction and excessive losses.

It is a great shame and helplessness to finally come to this point and rely on the sacrifice of our comrades to warn you. Everyone is not responsible, because you all have the right to pursue a happy life, but a few decision makers are guilty, they did not really take up their responsibilities, instigating people, encouraging them, using them to fire themselves with the sole purpose of seeking personal gain, and such people are most directly responsible for the death of Colonel Maguire. Mr. Rogers, how do you justify your actions, you know, if not for Maguire's heroic act, the last hope of Earth civilization would have been cut off in your hands, please immediately release Lieutenant General Huo Xin and others who are under house arrest, and I personally request that the fleet be continued under the command of Lieutenant General Huo Xin."

"It's not our business, it's a choice we all made, it's the result of the democratic will," Rogers reluctantly replied, "and, Lieutenant General Huo Xin, is missing."

"Sorry to interrupt," Li Xucheng, the leader of another group, suddenly stood up, "I have something to say to you all, I am a scientist, not a sociologist, I formed the group to participate in this committee completely by someone else's commission, and I can't bear to see the inappropriate person gain the most important I can't bear to see the wrong people get the most important command. There is no denying that democratic politics can be called extremely good with its principles of justice and equality and freedom and good system of checks and balances of power. However, the characteristics of democratic politics determine its inefficiency and a certain blindness."

"Do you look at these soldiers and know how many people they can kill with their weapons? But why are they controlled by you and guided by you towards that red star of death. It is these brothers in arms, they are the ones who are bleeding and sacrificing. Without them, could we have come here? Without them, would we all be able to live well? Have you seen Colonel Maguire? How calm and serene he was in the face of death. If such brothers are not willing to be trusted, then what kind of people do people trust? Can the elected representatives lead everyone to prosperity and lead the Earth's civilization into the future by simply satisfying everyone's desires?" Li Xucheng's voice became impassioned.

The room fell back into a silence, and in the silence, people looked around at the generals.

"If you are still willing to trust us, please leave the Dinosaur military area for the time being, we need to investigate the disappearance of Lieutenant General Huo Xin, all members of the Baath Party leadership are not allowed to leave, we suspect that it is related to the disappearance of Lieutenant General Huo Xin" Sun Ming lost no time in taking over the initiative.

After all, the foolish mistake that Maguire made with his life to confirm that Rogers and others did make finally made people gradually wake up.

Fatty Lacey moved to leave with the crowd, several soldiers suddenly appeared beside him, Rogers and the others saw this and did not dare to move, when they looked up, they met Sun Ming's icy gaze as if he was looking at a dead man

After 20 minutes, all the civilians exited the military area and returned to their settlements, and Sun Ming immediately declared a level of martial law

"Oh, the whole incident is solved, the command is back in the hands of the military, not only did the military not antagonize the civilians, but won the trust of the civilians, isn't this the best result you could have hoped for." In the fleet command room, Sun Ming said smugly, opposite the "missing" Lieutenant General Huo Xin sitting.

I am now your authorized legal successor, as Yamamoto can attest, and as long as you don't show up again, I will have the support of the military and not lose the support of the civilians. I am most happy that this time you are going to follow my beat, Huo Xin ah, you are finally counted by me and become my pawn, even if you are willing to give up the throne to me, it will not be in the way it is now"

"You have won, I misjudged you, your mind has been distorted, in your heart, self-worth has overridden the fate of mankind. You let me down too much, Maguire, and actually died for my mistakes." Huo Xin seemed to have aged a lot in an instant.

"You are also going to accompany him, Faye and the others are still around, keeping you is always a scourge" said Sun Ming took out a shot gun, "this injection, you take a shot, you will die without pain, looks like a heart attack, so that, for you and me both good."

"I will not kill myself unless you do it" Huo Xin raised his head, his eyes met Sun Ming's cold gaze

After staring for a while, Sun Ming finally misplaced his gaze and looked down to play with the small disc in his hand, "Don't force me, I don't want to do it, but that doesn't mean I can't do it, I'm also very good at killing people." When he raised his head again, his eyes were already filled with intense blood color

"Young master, someone has broken into this area, about 500 people," a voice suddenly popped up from the communicator on the table.

"I've ordered martial law, no troops are allowed to move at will, what's going on with Dotcom? When you're ready, kill them", Sun Ming said, "What's going on? Who is violating martial law?"

"I told him that the situation was under control and that you were leading a special task force to clean up the coup and find Lt. General Huo Xin, who they had kidnapped. Brigadier General Faye said he was coming to assist you and led his rescue team into Sector 7, he told me not to inform you, he would contact you himself"

"Ohn got it," Sun Ming nodded his head for a moment, "he hasn't contacted me yet, now that the situation in Zone 7 is completely under control, there is no need for reinforcements, to prevent the coupists from escaping, you immediately close all exits in Zone 7 and forbid anyone from entering or leaving until new orders are received, including Brigadier General Yamamoto, is that understood"

"Yes, I understand."

"Er," Sun Myung hesitated, but still asked, "How did Commodore Faye get into the Dinosaur? I've locked all the space shuttle and fighter entrances."

"Oh, Commodore Faye's rescue team entered directly through the single-man flight pack."

"Single person flight pack used in the universe" Sun Ming couldn't help but repeat another sentence, but immediately calmed down, "Well, you hurry up and block Zone 7"

Turned off the communicator, Sun Ming weighed the disc in his hand, turned back to Huo Xin and said, "You have another chance, but don't be complacent, I want you to watch this opportunity dissipate. You know, Faye can't fight me. Besides, my 400 men are all sons and daughters brought out from the Chinese group, many of them are eliminated from the strongest assassin organization Jing Ke, Faye's 500 crippled soldiers are not enough to see."

"Oh," Huo Xin suddenly laughed, "it seems that I have been wrong, you are not as good as I thought, you have the ability, but still can not see through many things, this point, Faye fell better than you."