Chapter 18: Into The Mines.

The group drove off into the desert, and found their way to an entrance into the mines. Nothing was sealed off when Ject, and Bolex got off of their vehicles, and Snavy got off of Canta, but needless to say, it looked easy.

"So, these are the mines," Bolex said. "I have to be honest with you. I expected this tunnel entrance to be all boarded up." "Yeah, why is that?" Canta asked. "Most people would have found it suspicious that there would be an open mine in the middle of a desert." "Let's take a closer look then," Ject answered, while grabbing something.

Before going into the mines, Ject unlocked the cage for his robotic falcon, while letting him out, so he could help. "Why are you bringing your falcon out?" Canta asked. "There's a built in light installed in his body," Ject answered. "We can use them to see through the mines in case it gets dark." Ject turned on the falcon's light, and its eyes started flashing a bright light, much like a flashlight. As Ject pointed Looper towards the mine entrance, he entered and the rest followed.

As the entire grouped entered the mines, they go deeper, until it was all dark. Just then, Ject also noticed hard hats on the ground. 3 of the helmets have spotlights on them, so Ject gave them to Canta, Snavy, and Bolex. "What about you?" Canta asked. "I told you," Ject answered. "Looper here is my personal flashlight. Let's continue." As the group continued further into the mines, they found a bunch of holes that have been dug up, and most of them didn't have any stone from inside.

"I think someone has been digging into the wall," Bolex commented. "I believe I know who," Snavy said, and the finally heard finally found the sound of harmonica music playing as they got closer. The person who was playing it was a mole like anthro creature who had a large gut, was sitting in a chair, eating a sandwich made of bread made of dirt, and worms. The mole was also wearing a buttoned shirt with suspenders coming from his pants, a mining hat, and wasn't wearing any shoes, or boots. "Who's out there?" the mole asked, as he dropped the sandwich full of worms, and picked up the pickaxe next to him.

"I'm warning you, ya lousy good for nothing reporters," the mole continued. "You may take my gold, but you keep your filthy hands away from ma worm sammy's." Ject, and the group showed themselves to the mole. "We aren't reporters, señor," Bolex said. "We were just passing through looking for someone to help us." "If you ain't reporters, than who are ya?" the mole asked. "First we need you to answer this," Ject answered. "Are you by any chance named Troto?" "Yeah, what's it to ya?" Troto asked. "We came to ask for your help," Canta answered. "A gang of bandits came into our town of Big Apple Gulch, and took over. What we need from you are weapons that will help us defend ourselves against this gang. "Specifically something like a tank," Ject added.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forgot To Comment.