Chapter 38: Leaving Big Apple Gulch.

After the party at the corral, Ject, and Canta packed everything up at the medical center to leave. Then, the next morning before everyone else could wake up, the two met up with their ally's at the back end of town.

"Well everyone, it's been fun," Ject explained. "We slaughtered a ton of metal to free this town, but that's in the past. It's time fore me to leave. I'm gonna miss the lot of you, while I'm helping other people in the west." "Thank you for all that you have done," Anac said. "As mayor of thisss town, I reward you with thisss medal of honor."

Ject took the medal, that was actually a squashed soda can, that was taped to a red thick string. "Sssorry," Anac explained. "Rewardsss are becoming harder to make ever sssincsse the apocalypssse." "It'll have to do," Ject said, but felt a snake tail wrap around both himself, and Canta, and revealed that it was Snavy who was doing it. "I'm going to missss you both," Snavy explained. "Pleassse come back when you both have the chancsse. It won't be the sssame."

"We promise, Snavy," Canta said. "Now let go of us." Snavy did just that, and uncoiled her tail, while letting go. "Mr. Zilon, some day when I'm old enough, I wanna be just like you," Voit commented. "Well, try not to get a Coke, and blood addiction while your training," Ject explained. "A little word of advice." "We would like to thank you as well, amigo (friend)," Bolex said. "The mayor has agreed to build an orphanage for the orphans from the railroad. I'll go get them after you leave."

Troto burped again, but this time no fire came out. "Sorry, it's just that I burp when I'm upset, but when I get upset no fire comes out," Troto explained. "We will see to it that you both will live a happier life away from the town," Felcri said. "And even though the new sheriff will fail, my people will be on guard as extra security for the town." "It's the thought that counts," Ject explained. "Now let's head out." "Shouldn't your falcon be placed in his falcon first?" Canta asked. "Nope," Ject answered. "Looper likes to exercise his flight techniques. He's heat proof as well, so that alone from the desert can't override him."

Ject got on his motorcycle, and started it. "Goodbye friends," Ject said. "AND GOODBYE BIG APPLE GULCH." After yelling, Ject drove off into the desert with Looper flying, and following them both. "It's going to be fun helping other people out in the west," Canta said. "I might miss my own home town, but I know we'll find a new one together." "If we do, we'll rid it of any robotic maniac who tries to murder us," Ject said, and they both got close together, while leaning in, and kissing. "Canta, and I rode off into the sunset, with Looper following us," Ject said. "We had no idea where we kept going, but we knew that we would help whoever was in danger. That was basically my life before I got the time machine that would take me to 2019."

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.