Chapter 35: Nightly Recovery.

After getting rid of the gang, Canta picked up Ject, and his falcon, then brought him into her medical center, while the rest of the people who helped out left. Even when there was still a lot to do for everyone.

Voit went home to his parents, Snavy followed her father bath to town hall, Bolex, and Troto went to deliver the water to the town saloon, and Felcri started shoving Leb into the prison along with his gang, with the help of his Indian brothers. When nightfall came, Ject woke up in a hammock inside the medical center he was in.

Canta was inside the medical center with him, just as she watched him wake up. "Glad you survived out there," Canta said. "I guess it had to be done," Ject agreed. "Leb got what he deserved after harming everyone. Though I still can't believe that Voit sacrificed himself to help out. Just wish he didn't take his life in order to protect me from that laser bullet." "Yeah, about that," Canta said, while rubbing his arm. "Voit is still alive." "What?" Ject asked getting confused.

"The truth is Leb's gun doesn't do sh*t, but cause burn rashes," Canta said. "People die in this town from rope hanging. He was only trying to trick Leb into his own death." "I have to admit, I didn't think he was going to pull that off," Ject explained. "You were right about us needing to stand up for ourselves," Canta said. "Now that the gang is gone, the people of Big Apple Gulch are free to do whatever they want, but there's still the need of law authority." "Are you talking about the sheriff?" Ject asked.

"Exactly," Canta answered. "Everyone in town needs protection, and we've gathered a ton of heroes who helped out against the gangs, and some of them have volunteered to register themselves as sheriff. Maybe, you should sign up." Ject pulled out his bottle of blood, and Coke, while at the same time thinking about what the centaur said. Of course after drinking, his mind was made up. "Sorry, but I'm not interested," Ject explained. Canta's eyes opened with confusion. "Why not?" Canta asked. "You were the one who brought freedom to Big Apple Gulch, got supplies for it, and saved the people from that gang."

"True, but this isn't my town," Ject answered. "I live a life of survival, and am on an important mission that's been haunting me since the day I first found out that I was an adoptable child. To find out who my parents were." "Oh, well that is an impressive goal," Canta commented. "Though, I'm not sure if there were any vampires left after the apocalypse." "There aren't," Ject explained. "I'm the last one in existence, and I'm the only one who survived the apocalypse, and I was just an infant. Big Apple Gulch isn't the only place that needs me. Everyone else in the world does, and I'll see to it that they do." "Okay," Canta said. "But, can I just give you something as a reward for saving our town?" "What?" Ject asked, and Canta answered by kissing him.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.