Chapter 37: Votes Are In.

The people of Big Apple Gulch began voting for who should be the sheriff, as they placed in their ballads day, and night for it. Finally, once it was noon the next day, the votes were done, and the mayor got ready to announce it.

"Ladiesss, and gentlemen," Anac explained. "The votesss are in, and the new sheriff of Big Apple Gulch isss-", everyone got cautious, and got ready to hear what the Naga had to say. "Charles Oswald." Everyone cheered, just after the chosen sheriff was announced, even though they didn't expect it to happen, even if he was human.

Dr. Oswald went over to the podium for a speech. "Thank you everyone for giving me this chance," Oswald announced. "As from today, I am quitting my scientist job, and doing my duties as a sheriff to make sure no one is hurt in this town." "Well, you can start by making a fence for this town," Felcri explained. "My people will help with that." "I'm just glad this town is protected now," Troto commented. "Si, and the children will always be safe now," Bolex agreed.

The town celebrated the employment of the new sheriff, by celebrating at the town corral that night. There was a buffet of foods grown by the Indians, square dancing, and even refreshments made by the bear bartender. Later that night, Ject was sitting outside the corral, where the fence was, looking at the stars in the sky, when the shadow of his centauress companion caught his eye. "You've been out here for about a long time," Canta said. "Shouldn't you be heading back in, and celebrating with us?"

"I've just been thinking about the thing that will happen tomorrow," Ject said. "I'll be missing all of these new happy faces that I just made." "What are you talking about?" Canta asked. "What is happening tomorrow?" "I'm leaving town tomorrow," Ject answered. "Now that I've given smiles to this town along with a new sheriff, water, weapons, and food that will keep them alive, there's now more need for me to stick around." "Oh," Canta said, and walked over to him, while hugging him from behind. Canta had to sit down in order to do it, but she was able to manage doing it. "I'm gonna miss you when you leave," Canta said.

"I know," Ject explained. "But, I've done all I could for this town, and now it's time for me to high-tail it out tomorrow." Canta couldn't bear to have Ject go alone, as he was drifting pass the sandy deserts. "I want to come with you," Canta explained. "If it means helping as many people as you want, I'll help with gathering food, water, and blood if we can survive together." "Fine," Ject said. "You better pack up, and close your medical center before we go, because we're about to see a lot of upset faces when we exit the town tomorrow." "I know," Canta agreed. "I'll miss Big Apple Gulch, and the love of people it brought me. Now how about we go in, and square dance." Ject nodded, and joined Canta inside, as they went to go dance together in the corral.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.