𝘛𝘸𝘰

The next morning I get ready, I change into a navy sweater and jeans with my black converse. I go to my bathroom and brush my hair before tying it but with a clamp, I brush my teeth and wash my face before going back to my room.

I sit down at my desk and open the drawer. I take out my eyeliner, mascara, eyelash curler, concealer and highlighter. I fix my septum before doing light makeup, I put on my usual pearl necklace before I hear Jane calling me. I stand up grabbing my bag and phone then quickly walk out of my room and downstairs.

"Yeah?" I say walking into the kitchen and Jane looks up at me.

"I didn't have time to make breakfast and I really got to go to work, do you need money maybe you can get breakfast somewhere?" Jane asks grabbing her things.

"No thank you, I have money and I also have work straight after school." I say and she nods quickly walking past kissing the side of my head.

"I'll see you later, enjoy school." She adds and quickly walks out. I have two jobs, I work at a store in town mostly on Mondays after school, sometimes Tuesday. Then Thursdays, I work as a bartender on Saturday nights from nine to two and sometimes on Fridays. Jane doesn't have a lot of money, she always offers me some but I refuse and say I have some even when I don't. I save most of my money so I can save up and move out, I love living with Jane but I'd prefer to live by myself in a small apartment with Sadie.

✺    ✺    ✺

I close my car door then lock it, I see Charlie my best friend, aside from Sadie of course waiting at the school entrance. I don't know how me and Charlie are friends, he's outgoing, loud, popular and friends with everyone. I'm shy mostly and Charlie is my only friend really.

"Look who shows up! I've been waiting here since the start of Covid, god." He rolls his eyes and I roll my eyes too and nearly trip up the step and he burst out laughing.

"Charlie shush." I say and he keeps laughing loudly, I feel my face going red with embarrassment and half because I'm annoyed at him. I groan and walk past him up the steps to the school.

"Diana wait!" He shouts and runs into the school after me, he wraps his hand around my shoulder and I ignore him. We start walking to our lockers before class started, I have maths first. Great.

"Oh my god." I hear a screech. Me and Charlie look at each other. Ciara. Ciara is the 'popular girl' who everyone obsesses over. She's blonde, tall, green eyes and honestly perfect. In my opinion...she's the most annoying person I've ever met. I'm a nice person! Not at all judgy...But I cannot stand her.

"You two finally got together." She smiles at us and her friend Melody comes up beside her. Charlie's hand tightens around my shoulder and he starts kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, aren't we just the cutest?" Charlie says and I laugh and push him.

"Yeah totally! You are adorable together, I always thought there was something between you two." Ciara says. I should mention, Charlie is gay....

"Ciara you are the biggest idiot ever." Melody rolls her eyes then looks at me.

"I don't believe we've bumped into each other in the year I've been here, Melody." Melody holds out her hand to me, Melody moved here last year. She's half Korean and she has long black hair and brown eyes.

"Diana, it's nice—" I get cut off by the bell ringing. Great.

"I should go to class, nice meet you Diana!" She smiles and I smile back as she walks away and Ciara hurries after her.