𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

After the bell goes, I meet up with Charlie and we go to history. History is probably my favourite subject, I'm not exactly sure why. I just find it interesting I guess.

"Shoot, I forgot to do the history homework." I grab Charlie's arm as we sit down.

"We literally had a whole class to do homework this morning, why didn't you do it?" He asks.

"I forgot all about it Charlie!" I groan and our history teacher Mrs Clark comes in. My day couldn't get any better, literally. I stand up walking up to her desk, if I tell her now maybe I'll get in less trouble. She puts her things down on her desk and looks up at me.

"Ah Diana, is everything alright?" She asks. I play with the ring on my thumb again.

"Um...I kind of forgot my homework, I've been really stressed with stuff." I tell her and she sighs opening her laptop.

"And what do you want me to do?" She questions and I shrug.

"Well I didn't want to wait for you to come around and then say it."

"You're a senior, you know better. Go to Mrs Daniels office, I've heard you've been getting in trouble a lot recently. Take it up with her." She tells me and I shut my hands close before walking to my desk getting my stuff.

"I'll see you in English." I say to Charlie and he blows a kiss. I walk out of the classroom then walk towards Mrs Daniels office while fidgeting with the strap on my bag. I walk straight up to the door and knock.

"Come in." I hear her say, I open the door and walk inside before shutting it behind me.

"Diana, is there a problem?" She asks as I put my bag down and sit down.

"Mrs Clark told me to come to you, I forgot to do my homework." I look down at my lap fidgeting, I keep disappointing all my teachers along with myself at this point.

"Diana. Is something going on? I'm honestly sick of seeing you in here or seeing that you have detention."

"I know I'm sorry-"

"I have no other choice but to give you detention and I want you to speak with the councillor." She tells me and I sigh.

"It's just homework." I say back low.

"Yes, which teachers have assigned for you to do. You've had no problems with homework or tests before this year. Clearly something is going on."

"Or maybe I'm just tired."

"Go to bed earlier then." She raises her voice.

"I'm not that kind of tired. I'm sure half of the people in this school are, there is so much stress put on us for things that are useless. Yes I've got good grades throughout school...but I give up trying to please everyone. Sure I'll take the detention but it's not teaching me anything." I stand up picking up my bag.

"I don't know where you got this attitude from but drop it! Im sick of teachers coming to me about you and your lack of effort this year!" She shouts at me and I huff.

"Lack of effort? I used to stay up all night studying, putting all of my effort in. I can't do it anymore. Once I go to college half of these things will be forgotten about." I tell her back.

"Well you aren't in college right now, are you? I expect full effort in the next few weeks, until then enjoy your detention." She shouts louder and I turn around walking out, I slam the door. I slam the door.