𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Tw// Abuse & ptsd episode

-Five years ago-

I sit on my bed studying, keeping to myself since mom has been especially bad today. Shouting at me as I came in from school about my shoes being in the wrong place. I had to go to the store again and get groceries, including her drinks. The man serves me, he knows mom. He's a creep.

I hear something being thrown against the wall before my mom shouting. I sigh a little before getting up off of my bed.

I slowly make my way over to my door opening it, I walk out to the hall.

"Fucking shit!" She shouts and I hear something shatter.

"What's wrong?" I ask her looking into the living room.

"The stupid tv won't come on!" She hits the side of the tv as she presses the wrong button on the remote. Her eyes are red, the room is a little foggy from the smoke and there bottles and cans on the floor and coffee table. There's also...stuff on the table.

I walk over taking the remote from her, I press the on button and the tv comes on.

"Maybe less of the drink and whatever you are taking would make it more clear that the red button is the on and off button." I say calmly. She grabs the remote from my hand and I look down at the floor.

"Go to your room!"

"I have to clean up that glass, or are you going to?" I ask her and she slaps me across the face. I put my hand to my cheek as it begins to sting and my eyes tear up. I shouldn't have said that.

"Who do you think you're talking to?" She shouts and I flinch taking a step back.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh you're sorry?"

"Yes, mom. I'm sorry." I look away and she grips my chin, she squeezes and I push her hand because it hurts.

"Mom—"

"Don't you touch me!" She shoves me away.

"You were hurting me."

"You deserve it."

"You didn't think that when dad was doing the same thing." I wipe the tears quickly and she looks at me.

"I'm nothing like your father! I stayed for you! I should have left!"

"You're worse than him!" I start sobbing as a lump grows in my throat. She walks over slapping me again.

✺    ✺    ✺

I lay back against the side of my bed, I can't stop the tears. Mom locked the door. I asked her to let me out for thirty minutes before I gave up.

I can open the window and get out, but I deserve this. I deserved everything I got. I shouldn't have talked back and I called her worse than dad. He left her too. She's having a hard time and she's trying to cope.

The window slides up and i quickly wipe under my eyes.

"Fuck." Charlie falls hitting the floor. I laugh a little trying to stop the tears. He gets up quickly.

"Beach day next week." Charlie says smiling, he stops looking at me. He looks for too long, his eyes go to my arms.

"Diana..." he says, I glance down and notice the bruise. There's a big purple and black bruise on my arm.