𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

Trigger warning// abuse

-seven years ago-
-Diana's POV-

I lay on the floor cuddling squishy, the teddy I've been obsessed with since I was younger. Maybe like fourish? Or maybe five? I'm not sure.

I draw in my sketch book out of boredom. I hum as I do. I draw a little flower. A cute little Daisy with a smiley face.

I hear my parents.

I sit up because I can't tell if they are talking or arguing. I stand up slowly as I make my way over to my bedroom door.

"You're fucking him, aren't you?" I hear dad say as I open the door slowly so I don't make noise. This doesn't sound good.

"Its not like that, Kieran. I've told you."

"Then what's it like you, whore?" This isn't going to end well.

"Don't call me that."

"It's what you are. You'd be on the streets with that kid if I wasn't here for you."

"That kid is your daughter."

"Is she? How do I know you didn't fuck anybody else? You could of cheated on me years—"

"I told you I didn't cheat."

"Then what was it?"

"...I...I didn't have sex with—" My mom gets cut off by a slap, I jump and quickly run into the living room so I can stop him.

"Diana baby no, go upstairs." My mom says quickly putting her hand to her cheek, my dad turns around looking at me.

"Mom—" My dad walks towards me, grabbing my arm tightly and drags me and I try pull away as my heart begins to race.

No.

"Kieran! Don't, please, Kieran leave her alone and we can talk." My mom quickly gets up, following and my dad stops, he holds onto my arm still and I flinch as his nails dog into my skin. I look at my mom and her eyes are all red. She's been crying. She looks at me and my dad shoves me into the table where a vase and a flower are, my chin hits the corner of the table. The vase falls, smashing.

I feel my face heating up and a sharp pain in my chin as I begin to cry.

"You mind your own business next time!" My dad screams loudly, I put my hand to my chin as I flinch and when I look at my hand I realise my chin is bleeding.

"Don't hit me. Please." I start crying more as I back up against the table and he grabs my arm again pulling me up. My mom shouts after him, my eyes blur as they fill with more tears. He shoves into my room as he pulls the door shut.

I hit the floor and start crying as I hear him shouting at my mom, he slaps her again. I crawl quickly over around my bed blocking my ears as I hear my mom crying. I squeeze my eyes shutting, wishing it could just be over.

✺ ✺ ✺

I lay on my bed sniffling, the pain in my chin is still there. There's dry blood on my pyjama's. My bedroom door opens and I quickly block my ears and close my eyes. He's back now, he took all his anger out on her but I didn't get punished enough for being nosy.