𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹

The next week flies, I sit in my English class. My new English class. The teacher is Miss Murray, she is at least fifty, not that it matters.

The door opens and Malyn looks to miss Murray.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could speak with Diana?" Malyn looks around spotting me with a small smile.

"Yes, that's fine. I'll email you the homework." Miss Murray says and I roll my eyes to myself as I pack up my bag. I put my bag on before quickly leaving the classroom.

"Hi Diana, how have you been?" She smiles and I fix my bag. I'm guessing she knows about me and Natalie, well the rumours and stuff. This is probably the reason she wants to talk.

"Fine, how have you been?" I ask looking at the floor as we walk to her room. My shoe is untied. It's fine, I'll tie it later.

"I've been good, thank you for asking. We haven't spoken in a while, your exams are this week correct?"

"Yeah, they start tomorrow."

"Christmas is close. Are you excited?"

"No." I simply say as she opens the door stepping inside, I walk in and walk over to the comfy chair sitting down. She closes the door before walking around her desk sitting down.

"Why not?"

"I haven't bought presents yet, it's not even two weeks away. I kind of forgot about Christmas honestly."

"Do you not like Christmas?"

"No, growing up. Yeah, of course. But you know when things go downhill it gets bad, the arguing between my parents every night. Then Christmas—or even birthdays, everything seemed perfect. It was uncomfortable."

"You're being very open today."

"I know. But yeah, just Christmas. I'm not a big fan of it."

"Do you prefer halloween?"

"Yeah, definitely. I actually really like Halloween, I do get terrified watching horror movies but I guess I somewhat like them..?" I shrug. She looks at me for a second before straightening up.

"I want to talk to you about something, something which won't be brought up with Mrs Daniels at all." She tells me and I wipe my hands off my jeans.

"Okay..?"

"You and miss snow." She puts her notepad and pen onto her desk, she closes her laptop and I tap my finger off of my leg, resisting the urge to bite my cheek.

"There's nothing—"

"That day when I walked in, I didn't see some innocent conversation Diana. I saw you two. It's not my business, I understand that but are you digging your own grave?" She asks. Is that something a councillor should ask. Besides the point...

"We are friends."

"Friends who kiss?"

"Some people kiss their friends."

"You don't seem like the type to."

"Why not?"

"You Just don't." The bell rings and I stand up grabbing my bag.

"It's lunch, I better go eat something. Nice talk." I turn around quickly walking over to the door opening it and walking out, I run straight into someone and fall back on my ass.

"Jesus—" I make eye contact with Natalie. I quickly scramble back struggling to get up. I hear a few laughs and Natalie looks away from me.

"You are all really mature." She says before walking away quickly, my face is bright red. I can feel it, my face heating up.