𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

-Natalie's POV-

School has started again, so here I am on a Friday night with a few books to read after a glass of wine.

I love reading. I find it peaceful, an escape from sorts of stress sometimes. But I was speaking with my sophomores today, they have to read a book this year and I decided to let them choose a book. I wrote down some recommendations and said I'd have a look at them, by the looks of it...I most likely won't pick any of them.

A few of them recommended a Colleen hoover book which I didn't even take a second to think about, I said no. I went to the book store today and picked up a few books, twilight, Room, me before you and everyday. I also picked up a few books for myself that caught my eye.

I picked up a poetry book, I have a lot so this one will add to my collection. I picked up 'pillow thoughts' by Courtney Peppernell.

I open 'me before you' to start reading it as I sit back on the couch, finally relaxes after this whole week.

"Natalie!" Ellie runs down the stairs making me drop my head back against the couch with a groan.

"What, Eliana?" I ask her as the living room door opens.

"I'm going out. I'll be back tomorrow." Ellie says and I hum.

"Alright, well, be safe and message me later so I know that you're alive." I speak and she nods before leaving the living room. I hear the front door open again just as I go to continue reading.

"Natalie!" I hear Tatum singing, I sit up shutting the book before dropping it down onto the coffee table. I can never have peace.

"Dear god...What, Tatum?" I ask her and she walks into the living room, no Maria attached to her like she usually is.

"You're here. No Blondie with you, for once." She smiles, flopping down onto the couch, her words making me glare at her slightly.

"And what do you mean by that?" I question her.

"I mean that you are down bad for some baby gay teenager." She puts her feet on the couch, with her shoes on. I kick her foot making her put them back down on the ground as she sits back.

"I'm not 'down bad' for anyone."

"Lies."

"How?"

"You're all soft."

"What?" I laugh at how ridiculous she's being.

"Anytime I call you're out, you're out with her. Inviting her out clubbing on your birthday and her weird friend?"

"That was over a month ago. Maria is the one inviting her."

"So you don't want her there?"

"I didn't say that." I look at her and she smiles.

"Because you like her."

"And what if I do, Tatum? I deserve to have someone, I'm not going to sit around sobbing about Olivia."

"I know but everyone thought you two would get back, especially after that hook up."

"Who's 'everyone'? Why are you talking about me and Olivia? That hook up meant absolutely nothing, it was a mistake." I stand up because I feel myself losing my patience with her. I'm not drunk enough for Tatum's mood today.

"Olivia was over at Quinn's yesterday, she was talking about you. Valentines is like what...three weeks away and she's set on getting you something."

"She can shove it up her ass. I don't want anything from her other than for her to leave me alone."