𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

I wake up and see Diana bending down putting a glass of water a tablet down. She glances up doing a double take.

"Oh—I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She stands up and I sit up and groan as it feels like someone's punching my head.

"It's alright, I didn't wake up because of you." I respond and she looks at the floor pursing her lips to the side. I bend down picking up the glass and the tablet.

"Okay then...I'm going to go." She turns around.

"Diana." I call her and she stops turning back around on her heels.

"Yeah?" She asks and I nod for her to come closer. She walks over and I look up at her.

"I...am sorry." I say going to take her hand and she moves her hand away.

"Natalie...I'm not doing this if every time we have an argument it makes you go off and...try to be with other women because it hurts even if we're not together." She sits onto the bed and I nod.

"It won't happen again, it was a dick move and I was drunk but nothing happened—that's not an excuse...I was just a dick." I tell her looking at her and her lips go to a thin line as she looks at me, she sighs before looking away.

"Who was the girl on your lap?" She asks.

"Diana, I don't know her—I am telling you the truth, she was trying to get to her friend." I say and she pulls at her shorts looking down.

She looks to me again and I can tell she's biting the inside of her cheek. She reaches her hand out, rubbing my cheek.

"I love you, I want to continue to feel the things I feel around you...it's really really nice but I want to also have trust in you. If this is how it is after every argument—you trying to be with someone else...then I can't do this." She says and I glance to her lips. She said she loves me. I was drunk when I said it but...I was saying how I felt, I don't think I love her...I know what I feel, I love her, I'm in love with her but love is complicated. I wish I could say it was easy but it's not.

"It won't be. I truly did not know that woman, I did not pull her onto my lap or anything. I did not invite her onto me, she just got on top of me to get her friend. That is the truth. I promise you." I say and she nods dropping her hand. She stays quiet looking at her hands. Her hair falls from behind her ear.

"I meant what I said last night. I did, but....Diana, I am terrified of allowing myself to do this. To love you—but we're past that stage, love is so complicated..." I trail off as she looks at me again, her eyes sparkling...We both stay quiet again.

"It doesn't have to be complicated."

"But it just is. With the situation we are in too, I don't care what people think...but you are younger than me—"

"By five years...that's not a lot.."

"Yes, I understand that. But like your aunt said...you're young...I just have this feeling like I'm doing something wrong—it is wrong...So fucking wrong but at the same time I feel like I've made the right decision because of the things I feel. I don't love a lot of people, Diana....I can usually control my feelings but around you it's different..." I tell her trying to catch her eye, eye contact is very important to me. You can tell a lot about someone by just making eye contact...well I can.

She fidgets with her hands before tilting her head up slightly to look at me.

"What do you mean?" She asks me. I smile a little at her.

"I'm saying...I love you, darling. I love seeing you smile, I love everything about you...I love how you get excited over the small things, I love how you're so nice to everyone even when they don't deserve it, I love your clumsiness that is really ridiculous...I've been married but..I have never had this feeling—and it's not even been a year since I met you....I don't want to...I don't want to wake up in the morning when you leave for college, regretting the fact I didn't try to keep you in my life. I want to try, I will try because I love you. I won't let the one good thing in my life go." I say and she keeps looking at me as a smile forms on her lips. She scrunches up her nose a little and I bite the inside of my lip.

"I think I'm going to cry." She sniffles and I smile. She wraps her arms around my shoulders and she leans down kissing me.

She pulls back before giving me another quick kiss, she sits onto my lap and I look into her eyes. We both sit there for a second.

"You're so beautiful, it's making me emotional." She sniffles and I snort putting my arms around her waist as i kiss her cheek.

"You too are beautiful, my love." I whisper.

"Diana?" Charlie whispers loudly from the hall and Diana smiles.

"Come in, Charlie." Diana tells him as she gets off my lap, Charlie walks in slowly.

"Good, all clothes are on." He smiles and Diana huffs.

"OH—fuck, did I interrupt? I can just—"

"Charlie, it's alright. We were just having a discussion." I say to him as i get up off the bed.

"Like the discussions you two have a lunch time in your class? Hm..." He rolls his eyes and I purse my lips as Diana glances to me.

"Right...well, I better leave before my cat misses me." I say.

"I can call you an Uber, your clothes are in the wash right now though...I'll give them to you later or something?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, that's alright." I say.

A/n

Short chapter, I'm sorry!!

Next chapter will be better, I promise!!