𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

Monday comes quicker than I wanted it to. I didn't want it to come at all. Maybe nobody believes it? Maybe I'm overreacting and we're fine.

I wait outside because Charlie offered me a lift. My cars fine but he doesn't think I am. I fiddle with my rings, I drop my hands taking a deep breath. Jane doesn't know, I haven't told her. Charlie's car pulls up and I can hear the music from the radio playing way too loud.

Iwalk down the driveway quickly, I open the door getting in.

"Should have applied for Yale earlier." He jokes as I turn down the volume of the music. I let out a shaky breath that's half a laugh.

"I really should have." I sit back putting the belt on, Charlie's a dangerous driver to be honest.

"You're gonna be fine."

"No I won't be."

"Well you did get the woman to pick you up from the party."

"Charlie."

"Sorry, I'm trying to cheer you up."

"I'm fine."

I look out the window hoping he won't say anymore, I just need to think. My hands are sweating, the cars really hot. I put down the window. What if she does fired—and I get expelled...If she leaves town I'll probably never see her again.

Charlie drives into the school parking lot. He parks and I don't unbuckle the belt.

"You okay?"

"Yeah—fine, I just need a second."

"Diana—"

"Let's just go before I get sick." I open the door quickly going to get out, I fall back against the seat, the belt stopping me. I huff unbuckling myself before getting out and closing the door. I look to Charlie and he walks around the car putting his arm around my shoulder.

"If they do know...you'll be known as the hot girl who bagged the English teacher." He laughs and I don't laugh, I'm practically shaking out of fear. I don't know what's going to happen. We walk inside the school building. I move Charlie's hand quickly going to my locker and opening it.

"Relax Diana." Charlie follows and i take slow deep breaths trying to get it together:

"Charlie, I can't." I tell him grabbing my books that I need. I close my locker. I look around and two girls were staring at me whispering to each other.

"What?" I ask them, they look at each smiling before they start laughing. I look to Charlie and he shrugs.

"Ignore them. I don't even know them, that says a lot." He says loudly and I bite the inside of my cheek really hard. I need to stop doing that. I don't see melody or any of her friends so that's a good sign. Charlie links his arm through mine and we walk towards our first class, maths. It's early but it's better than late, we walk into the classroom and mr Donovan stares at me.

Me and Charlie take our seats, there's only a few people here. I get out my maths things, my hands shaking. Has she already been fired?

The bell rings and I take small deep breaths, I'm overreacting. I really am. It's fine, everything's fine.

Melody and another guy walks into the classroom and I look away immediately, I hear them whispering along with little laughs.

"Quiet." Mr Donovan tells them, more people come in. Staring at me before looking to their friends. At least they aren't saying anything.