𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

I follow Floyd up to his door as he unlocks it, he walks in holding it open for me and I step inside.

A tan woman with black hair,bronze skin and bright green eyes. She looks straight out of a magazine.

"Diana this is my wife, Arabella." Floyd says and I smile at her.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Thank you so much for letting me stay here, I'll be out in no time I promise." I hold out my hand and she smiles softly and shakes my hand.

"It's alright love, stay as long as you need. Please call me Bella, I can show you to the guest bedroom." She motions towards the stairs and takes my bag off of my shoulder.

I follow her up the stairs and down the hall to the last door.

"The bathroom is just across the hall, our little boy Theo is in that bedroom. Me and Floyd are in the the bedroom down there, if you absolutely anything don't be afraid to ask. Whatever you need." She smiles opening the door to a green and white bedroom with a doubles bed and two dressers. There was some plants on the window and little framed photos on the wall.

"I'll let you be, call me if you need anything." She puts my bag on the bed and I smile again as she walks out closing the door. My phone starting buzzing so I take it out and Jane was calling, I turn off my phone and throw it onto the bed.

✺ ✺ ✺

The next morning I shower and get ready into a oversized, navy blue sweater and baggy jeans. I walk downstairs and Floyd, Bella and their som who looks about eight or nine sat at the table.

"I made you pancakes, I'm not sure what you like on them. There's Nutella, honey and other things." Bella smiles at me and I fiddle with the sleeve of my sweater, she had to make me food. I should leave.

"Thank you, I'm not hungry. Thank you for letting me stay but I'm just going to head home." I smile turning around walking out, I walk up the stairs thinking of where I could go. I'm not going home but I miss Sadie already, I'm not exactly sure what Charlie had to do with the closet yesterday. I walk into the bedroom Im staying in an put the things I had put into the bag.

"Diana." I hear Bella knock on the door and she opens it walking in closing it behind her.

"Yeah? Im just getting my stuff and I'll be out in a flash." I laugh nervously and put the rest of my stuff in and the bag won't close. I keep trying to zip it and I groan annoyed.

"Hey, calm down." She puts her hand on my upper arm and I close my eyes dropping my hand from the bag.

"Diana, you don't have to leave. You're more then welcome to stay for as long as you need, really." She smiles and I sit down on the bed and she sits beside me.

"You don't have to let me stay because you feel bad or something, really-"

"You are welcome here, I don't know what you're going through but I know you wouldn't have asked to stay here if it wasn't serious. I won't force you to stay here but you really are welcome, we were thinking of making Halloween cookies later. You should join us, it'll be fun." She bumps my shoulder with a smile and I smile back.

"Okay, thank you seriously." I respond and she nods.

"It's not a problem." She nods.

✺ ✺ ✺

Later that night we make some Halloween cookies and start decorating them, Theo, Bella and Floyd's son loves Halloween too. He's dressing up as the joker this year, he also told me he wants to be an astronaut when he's older.

"So Floyd tells me you're a senior in high school, how are you finding it?" Bella asks as Theo sits on the counter and Floyd puts some frosting on Theo's face.

"It's fine so far, it's only been a few weeks but we've had a few tests." I shrug.

"What's your favourite subject?"

"I'm not sure, maybe English it's probably the subject I'm best at." I laugh and she does too. My phone starts buzzing so I put down the cookie I was decorating and take my phone out, an unknown caller was calling so I answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Diana, Jane is worried. Come back and I promise, I'll explain everything-" I hear my dads voice and take the phone away from my ear hanging up.

"Everything okay?" Floyd asks and I nod.

"Just a spam call." I smile and Floyd puts some frosting on my face and Theo starts giggling. I laugh and wipe the frosting off and get some and put it in Floyd's face. Theo puts down on my face and we all start laughing.

"You guys are going to make a mess-" Bella says just as Floyd flicks some frosting at her. Everyone stops and looks at her and she looks at Floyd.

"I'm going to absolutely murder you." She shakes her head getting some frosting and puts it onto Floyd's face. We all start laughing again to the point our stomachs hurt.