𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

I sit down out on the balcony as I light a cigarette. I run my finger through my hair sitting back as I drop the lighter on the table. Olivia was sitting in front of this chair not too long begging for me to take her back.

I get up off the chair groaning, I need to buy a new table and chairs for out there. I step inside, I can smoke inside, it's my own house. I close the balcony door and just as I do I hear knocking on the door.

I walk quickly out of my bedroom, down the stairs. Maggy comes out of the living room making her way towards me as I open the door.

Diana...I wasn't expecting her. I notice what she's wearing, a crop top that's big on her and a skirt. She's holding her laptop at her side.

"Why are you wearing a skirt?" I ask first. It's winter and it's freezing.

"I thought you would like it." She says quietly and I look back up to her, I thought she was mad.

"I do like it, it's short." I say taking a drag off of my cigarette as I lean against the door.

"Can I have one?" She asks as I open the door wider for her to step in. Is she asking for a cigarette. I look at her and she half smiles.

"One what?"

"A cigarette."

"You don't smoke."

"I want to start." She pulls at her skirt shifting awkwardly. What is she up to.

"Why?"

"Can I just have one?" She asks and I hand her my one. She doesn't smile like she usually does.

"Do you know what you are going to say in the application?" I ask her turning, walking to the living room. I hear her choke a little behind me.

"Kind of..."

"Well, do what you can and I will edit for you." I sit onto the couch and she looks at me standing. I hold eye contact with her, she glances away sitting down. She looks around with the cigarette in her hand, she doesn't want it.

I take it from her as I get up going to the kitchen, not saying anything.

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask walking over to the fridge.

"Wine?" She says...well it sounded more like a question. Is she trying to impress me? I don't know what she's doing but it's making me...uncomfortable. She doesn't smoke. Suddenly she wants to start. She's not getting wine. I'll get her a soda, I'll get one for myself too. I grab two sodas as I close the fridge.

I walk back to the living room and her laptop is open, she's typing. I sit back down beside her and hand her the soda.

"Thanks." She says..not 'thank you.' Something's definitely up, is it that hug today? She's taking it the wrong way. I'll let her play this out though, I'm curious.

I sit back going on my phone, I won't put on the tv because she needs to concentrate. Ellie probably won't come down for a little, she's probably watching tv. I couldn't rip the tv off of the wall.

Tatum messaged me.

Tatum
Watcha doing?

Natalie
Being busy.

Tatum
Doing what?

Natalie
Helping someone

Tatum
The student?

Natalie
The student has a name, but yes I am helping her. With her college application.