𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

-Thursday-

"Diana, that shelf." Miss Snow points to the shelf above my head. I agreed to help her fix the library since the librarian is out sick for a couple of weeks and some new books came in.

I look above me and go to put the book on the shelf, the books does not want to go in so I try pull another book out. I look back at her.

"What-"

"Watch it!" She shouts and I get pushed back into the shelf just as a big book falls. Miss snow catches it. One of her arms are on mine, she pulls back slightly looking at me.

"Are you alright?" She asks and I could feel her hot breath on my face and my heart starts pounding. I freeze for a second just staring at her, I notice a little bit of brown in her eyes and she has light freckles around her nose. I think I notice every detail of her face before I snap out of it.

"H-huh, yeah I'm fine." I say.

"What nearly killed me?" I ask and she rolls her eyes with a small smile and turns the book.

"A...dictionary." She furrows her eyebrows and I laugh. She drops it onto the floor and it makes a big bang and I flinch and she laughs before looking back at me. She looks at me different, but not a big difference just like she knows something, if that makes sense.

"Next time, pay attention and don't just start staring at me." She leans back away from me.

"Noted...." I reply bending down picking up the book.

-Friday-

After getting home after detention I go up to my room looking through my closet. I'm going to my first party, parties really aren't my thing but maybe it will be better than I'm expecting?

What do I wear? Oh god this is stressful.

Diana
Come over. I don't know what to wear !!!

Charlie
Already Omw 😌

Diana
😤

A few minutes later my bedroom door opens and Charlie comes in before shutting the door again.

"Diana where would you be without me?" He laughs walking over to my closet flicking through it throwing things onto the floor.

"Well I probably wouldn't be going to a party that's for sure." I respond and he turns holding up a dress, a green short dress Jane bought me.

"Ha! No." I stand up and he groans dropping his shoulders.

"Come on Diana, it's only a dress."

"Yeah it's only a dress, I don't wear dresses." I shake my head.

"Come on, you'll look amazing. Especially for melody." Charlie winks and smiles and I continue to shake my head.

"I don't care what melody thinks, I'm not wearing the dress." I take it out of his hand and shove it back into my closet and take out a pair of black jeans and a red wool jumper.

"That's so boring." Charlie complains.

"I don't care." I reply and my bedroom door opens again.

"Aww my little baby off to her first party." Jane smiles and I roll my eyes.

"God don't remind me."

"Are you not excited?" She asks and I shrug.

"Oh yes, sweaty, drunk jumpy teenagers squashed together with loud trash music playing. What's not to love about it." I smile and she rolls her eyes.

"What's the plan after?"

"I'm staying at Charlie's, so you have the house to yourself. Enjoy it." I laugh and she smiles.

"Alright, enjoy kiddos." She waves her hand over her head while walking out closing the door.