𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

I sit back in my chair as my freshman's watch Romeo and Juliet. I am exhausted today, I didn't sleep last night. I just couldn't, not because of a specific reason I just couldn't. I'm not in the best mood because of it so I'm just having mostly chill classes, letting the students talk which I never do. They keep eyeing me when they're whispering.

One of the students walk up to my desk, Sophia. I cross my arms waiting for her to speak.

"Can I use the bathroom?" She asks fidgeting with her hands, pulling at her sleeves. Her voice comes out a little shaky.

"You can." I say and she quickly walks towards the door. I should probably check on her because clearly the girl is upset.

I sigh standing up.

"I'll be back in a second." I tell the class, I quickly walk out of the class shutting the door.

"Sophia." I call her as she walks down the hall causing her to stop. She doesn't turn around.

"Yeah?" She asks, still not turning around. She's crying?

"Are you alright? You seemed upset." I walk closer to her and she turns around, of course I was right. Why is everyone crying..

"I'm sorry...I'm just a little upset about my mom passing, I just miss her." She wipes her eyes and I nod.

"Don't apologise for crying, it's alright. Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her and she shrugs pulling her sleeves down, she looks at the floor.

What do I do now. I'm not good with all this crying.

"I don't want to waste your—"

"You're not wasting my time."

"It's fine. I don't want to talk about her, I'll just get more upset. I think I just need a breather." She takes a deep breath and I cross my arms bitting my lip a little from the awkwardness. She lets out a breath but it comes shaky. More tears come out of her eyes.

"I'm so sorry—" she sniffles and I cut her off.

"It is alright, I promise you. You are allowed to grieve." I reassure her putting my hand on her shoulder. She wraps her arms around me.

Oh god save me.

I freeze cringing to myself, it is alright. It's just a hug.

Let me go, oh my god.

I look over her shoulder and make eye contact with Diana just as she turns the corner with Charlie. She stops and so does Charlie. Sophia pulls back and I glance at her before back to Diana, who is looking at me weirdly. Charlie's whispering to her.

She doesn't look to happy.

She rolls her eyes...

she did not just fucking roll her eyes at me.

"Sophia, why don't you take a minute? It's alright, you can go outside and to the bathroom. Alright?" I ask quickly and she nods sniffling. She's steps back.

"Yeah..thank you." She nods before walking past me, I walk down the hall quickly before stopping.

I am not chasing her.

No fucking way, snap out of it Natalie. I take my own breath before fixing my shirt turning around, I'll text her. I walk back into the classroom just as the bell rings and they all stand up packing their things. I won't give them homework.

I go to my desk sitting down, it's lunch now. They all leave the class, one of Sophia's friends gets her stuff as they walk out. I turn on my phone.

Natalie
Do you want to tell me what that look was about?