Chapter 1

The War was over or had been for a long time. Soldiers from all around settled down back into modern day life. Some thought it would be easy, others not so much especially those who were on the go constantly. Some brothers fought while others went home, if that's what it could be called these days. Many of the brothers of the army got it easy, others not so much. Although many had died over the countless many years they had been at war, they were most certainly not forgotten. Every month a group of brothers would get together and invite their families to a huge barbecue which would last a weekend as they honour those they lost. A brother, a sister, a friend or just anybody, in the end none of them cared about what they did as long as they remembered them for who they were. Many of the older brothers stayed together to make sure they could stay as close to one another when possible. Although many of them had losses, there was one lucky group that never suffered a loss during their time serving in the war and they were Clone Force 99.

An incredible set of non-related brothers who held records of their own through their missions. They didn’t care for what they had done as long as they got the job done. If it meant a safer haven for families or more importantly children they took it. One of the members of Clone Force 99 was responsible for ending the war, not that they would ever admit it, but that member was one of the most wanted soldiers in the whole universe. So when word got out that the war was over and a member of theirs had made the worst list, they fled never to be seen or heard from again. Clone Force 99 were known as ‘the ghost batch’. Over the years, some thought they were a made up story while others thought they didn’t exist. However those who knew who ‘Clone Force 99’ were knew exactly where they could find them if needs be and that’s how a long term friend of Clone Force 99 found himself on their doorstep in a disclosed place which was a house in the countryside not too far from a school and town where friends of Clone Force 99 lived as ‘back-up’ in a sense. 

“Aaha Rex! What can we do for you today?” Rex smirked coming face-to-face with Echo who held a smile like no other, the man had too much energy in the morning but it was one of the things Rex admired about him. 

“I wish this was a normal call but I need to speak to Hunter and Omega. If you don’t mind?” Rex explained, Echo smiled moving aside to let his old-friend in having a known feeling of what this was about. Before Echo shut the door another friendly face appeared, “Hey don’t shut me out!” Echo opened the door to his twin, Fives. A smirk fell on both of their faces, “You look a little lost there” Fives said with a smirk before crushing his twin a hug, Echo shutting the door behind him as he was devoured in a hug by his uniformed twin. 

After the war, many of the soldiers tried to settle into normal life but soon found they couldn’t so some of them took up other services. For Example, Rex and Fives now work for the police force around their area, so they can keep it safe and just have something to do. Echo himself was part of the force until he had leg cramps that led to Sepsis, he now had prosthetics but that didn’t stop him. So, instead of being out on the field he was a call operator when he went into work. He worked 3 days a week which gave him time to help around the house he shared with his non-related brothers and husband. 

“Hey Earth to Echo?” Echo jumped seeing Five's hand waving in front of his face, “Hey! You alright?” Fives asked looking at his twin in concern, Echo nodded, “I’m fine, just lost in thought. Rex is in the living room, I’m going to go wake Tech” Echo explained pushing his twin in the direction of Rex. The officer nodded heading into the living room of Clone Force 99’s house. 

Echo shook his head making his way over to Tech’s workshop knowing the engineer was either working on something or on the phone to his brother. It turned out that two of Clone Force 99 were related or more in fact, they were twins which made literally no sense at times while others it did. “Hey love, how are you doing?” Echo asked while wrapping his arms around his husband's back. The engineer looked up with love as he pulled Echo into a hug, “I’m good” Tech’s reply was blunt but short. If Echo hadn’t known him for all this time, he would have had to look twice but he was so used to it, he didn’t even bother asking these days. Instead he just pulled Tech in closer.