Chapter 19

Hunter smiled at the singing in the vehicle. It seemed to be a regular thing with Wrecker and the girls, it felt nice. He was enjoying the drive until he saw Jesse pull over so he followed behind the police car and frowned. An explosion up ahead caused panic on the empty road. Hunter made sure the girls stayed in the car with Wrecker while he investigated. Running ahead he found Rex, Ahsoka and Sheila standing six feet away from their car that was on fire. Jesse and Kix had their fire extinguishers blasted at the car while Crosshair and Fives looked angry with their own. Hunter noticed something wasn't right about the situation, he grabbed Crosshairs waist and hauled him back behind Jesse's car just on time as a car pulled up beside them and bullets started flying. 

Wrecker was quick to dive and grab the two girls before he pushed them out of the car and behind it for safety. Soon enough gun shots flew from all directions as Jesse and Fives were armed, the two started shooting back and the vehicle which started all of it left in a bit of a hurry. 

Once it was clear and Fives dubbed it so, the man had nothing but a burnt shoulder from when he dived almost into the flames. Jesse called it in, he spent ten minutes on the phone with Cody while the recovery crew turned up to take Rex's car and investigate. Fives called in a favour from a fellow police officer who took up the scene allowing the family to travel back to Rex's. 

Once he knew Crosshair was safe in Fives car, Hunter hurried over to the shaking girls and climbed in the back with them to wrap them in a hug leaving Wrecker to drive with Tech in the front since Echo squeezed in Fives with Rex while Ahsoka and Sheila jumped into Jesse's. After another ten minutes of driving, the group piled into Rex's house. Fives was meant to be the first one home but due to the unfortunate circumstances, he was last to enter so he made sure the gates were locked via the code. Only those who knew it could answer and only five people actually knew the code; these included Fives, Rex, Jesse, Crosshair and Wolffe. Not even Ahsoka knew since she was often buzzed in by Rex or Fives. 

Rex called it paranoia but Fives called it security, Rex never understood but put up with it for Fives sake. Since Rex owned part of the house he didn't mind, Wolffe actually owned the property but Rex had bought it from his older brother and was slowly paying it over time. 

"Please do come in" Rex said with a smile despite what happened and them all wearing black. Not that it was normal for some. Hunter ushered Omega and Hera into the house, the two mesmerised at the chandelier. Omega thought their house was huge but seeing Rex's it made their home feel tiny. Echo watched as Jesse walked straight over to the cupboard holding the alcohol almost like he had been here before. It was obvious Jesse wasn't going anywhere tonight and he owned the other part of the house but didn't stay often enough. So the other side was half the time empty or used for special occasions such as birthdays. 

The house showed all of Wolffe's hard work to get where they were today. The eldest brother had put all his effort into making sure his two younger brothers were comfortable enough to live without arrogance. Some people thought they had too much money for a house that big only to learn that it was how big their hearts were to show their love. A bit cheesy if you asked some people but their opinions didn't care unless you were Fives. Speaking of the man, he entered the house only to pop upstairs to get out of his suit and put his uniform on. He was on the later shift and no rest was set for the wicked, he considered asking Crosshair to join him but after Hunter's look it seemed he would patrol alone tonight or so he thought. 

A knock on the front door startled him out of his thoughts, who managed to make it passed the gate and knock on the door. "Fives, don't stand around and stare. Open the door" Ahsoka urged the uniformed man, Fives rolled his eyes opening the door he found himself gawked at by four people. "You off to work uncle Fives?" The two voices were like a melody as Fives moved aside to let the four individuals into the house.