Chapter 20

"Caden. Ahsoka. Fives come with me" Wolffe said, taking the keys off Jesse for access to the other side of the house away from prying eyes. The pack leader watched as the three left the room without a word, he sent a stern look Jesse's way, his brother got the message. In other words 'Watch Comet and Sinker'. Jesse only nodded allowing his oldest brother to deal with the other three. Echo stood worried, his hands were sweating for his twin. A hand on his arm made him look up to see Tech who wrapped him up in a hug and gestured over to Crosshair who was now awake and looking at the door. Hunter's hand was rubbing his back in comfort. The pregnant marksman looked deadly uncomfortable with the way Sheila was glaring at him. 

"Aunt Sheila, can you pass Lula please?" Omega asked, distracting the woman who smiled at her niece. Omega had become close to Sheila in the past week she had spent by her side. Hera on the other hand wasn't a big fan of the woman, she reminded her too much of her own mother, Eleni Syndulla. An individual with a tricky eye noticed Hera's discomfort and moved out of Hunter's lap. "Hera, come here" Crosshair said softly, the young girl turned and climbed into Crosshairs lap. She snuggled closer. Hera was a little weak but that's because her body still had the side effects from the flu she had last week. Tech smiled at his brother who rolled his eyes at the looks from the batch. Omega walked over to Crosshair and surprised him when she squeezed in between him and Hunter. The marksman expected for her to cuddle into Hunter's side but she was full of surprises as she curled into his own. Hunter looked at him in disbelief while Crosshair just smirked slightly but then grimaced as his unborn twins decided now was time to do flips.

"Woah!" Omega cried out when she felt movement where her head rested. Crosshair looked down at her and only nodded to say she could feel. Omega smiled as her hand was directed by Hunter to Crosshairs stomach, the man felt like something you would find in the museum. Let's prod and stare at him, I'm sure he won't be arsed, Crosshair thought sarcastically. Tech noticed the look on his twins face and groaned out-loud startling Echo who looked at him in concern. Tech just waved him off as he gestured to Wrecker to do something. Wrecker got his message and soon enough Crosshair felt the older man rubbing soothing circles on his back. Hunter smirked thanking his brother since he was currently occupied with Comet playing with his short yet long hair. It was held up by his bandana, others said it was too long but Crosshair liked it and so did Hunter and they were the only opinions that mattered to him. 

The peaceful silence was interrupted by the slamming of a door through the house, due to its size. It echoed for quite some time. An individual appeared in the doorway. All heads turned to see a furious Wolffe. Howzer jumped to his feet when Wolffe slammed into his chest. The captain wrapped him up holding him close, Howzer directed them from the room away from eyes as he tried to work out what had happened. Of course, Howzer knew why they were having a discussion but he had kept it to himself due to Wolffe's insistence. 

Comet and Sinker shared looks when the door to the room reopened revealing a frantic Rex. 

"Jesse, where's Wolffe?" Jesse only stood up, crossing his arms. "What did you say?" Jesse demanded. Rex looked out the window in shame as he mumbled something. "What was that, I don't speak idiot?" The normal calm swat police officer looked angry, never in his life had Jesse seen Wolffe in that state. Obviously whatever Rex said really affected their eldest brother. 

"I mentioned Sandy" Rex gasped when he found himself shoved into the wall by Jesse who moved out of the room going to find his brother. Rex only groaned. Jesse wasn't the brother to get angry often, he was the middle child, the calm one.

Rex stood staring at his hands and leaned against the wall. A hand on his shoulder granted him to look up at Sheila who wore a look of concern. "Where's Ahsoka?" She asked. "I'm here mum" Ahsoka said with tears in her eyes from the doorway. "What's happened?" Sheila asked, looking at the two who hung their heads in shame.