Chapter 31

"We are being HUNTED by Crimson Dawn!" Crosshair angrily said, alerting everyone to the furious marksman who wore what looked like betrayal on his face. "Cross, what is it?!" Fives asked running to the marksman's side. Crosshair muttered something to him which set off the arc trooper, Fives roared in fury as he stormed off towards the entrance of the hangar where both Dusty and Duster were waiting with a box of gear. Fives nodded at the two before passing on the message. From afar Hunter could tell they were cursing. 

"Wait, isn't Crimson Dawn the criminal group that started in the army. With ex-military in it?" Tech asked using Echo's phone to research through the military network. 

"Yes," Crosshair gritted out between his teeth. Hunter put a reassuring hand on his back. Wrecker watched from nearby, keeping an eye on the youngest of the batch. Crosshair tightened his grip on his rifle. 

"So why are you so angry?" Rex asked in confusion. 

Crosshair looked off to the side where Fives was talking to his teammates, "Because the leader is none other than…"

"Dareth Maul" Echo said looking down at the information on his phone, Tech had handed it back to him. 

"But, Crosshair, you said we could trust him," Omega pointed out from the floor. Crosshair groaned, not hearing 'dad' made him flinch inwardly. "I did but the…" " Language Cross" Echo warned, earning himself a glare. Crosshair struggled to find words so someone else took over. "The past few weeks he stopped reporting. I didn't understand why but then Dusty informed me that Maul had some family issue going on so we let it subside. We just never realised he was going against us" Fives explained. 

"So what caused his out-break?" Cody asked while messaging his own partner who would meet them at a prepared safe house. 

"From what I have heard, one of the Crimson Dawn was killed by one of the Black Suns. So they are out for revenge..but the question is. Why come after us unless he is still jealous of Hunter and Crosshair?" Dusty spoke up as he passed over a crate that Crosshair requested. The marksman smiled, noticing what was inside, Hunter took a peak and smirked. Their old armour, Crosshair, had kept it over all these years. Duster shook his head, disagreeing, “You got something to say?” Ahsoka asked with arrogance, she crossed her hands. Duster looked at Kix and signed something. 

“He came across an article the other day while he was looking over military personnels when he stumbled across a recent death, her name was Catherine Maul” Jesse explained, thanking his son for the information. Duster only smiled walking over to Thorn and Gregor who had finished fueling up the wildcats. Thorn greeted his baby brother with a hug while Gregor lifted him off his feet. 

“So, Cody, what's the plan?” Rex turned to his old-friend, who sighed. “We have a safe house where we can all go, there are many in the area. It will be great cover and away from any civilians. We will fly there and…”

“Mum! What do you mean? There is someone…MUM! Hands off, who the hell are you?” Ahsoka’s worried voice spoke up, all heads turned to see the young woman nearly in tears on the phone. Rex quickly rushed to her side, taking the phone and placing it on speaker.

“Just, who am I speaking to?” Rex asked.

“It doesn’t matter, all I ask is the one who stole from me. Come back and I will return your stolen comrades” a voice broke over the speaker. There was someone muffled in the background. 

“I’m sorry but I have no idea who you are after?” Rex said looking around the room, he noticed the batch were on edge. Wrecker frowned. 

“My name is Charles Ryker and I ask my son to return the thing he stole from me otherwise I will start killing my captives, you may know them by Obi-one, Skywalker, Sheila, Boil, Waxer, Hardcase and Tup. Now I am gathering you are Officer Rex from your distinctive voice. I want to meet to discuss handing over your family” Charles demanded over the phone.