Chapter 25

“So are you going to keep pretending to be asleep or actually wake up?” Crosshair said loudly, getting the most attention, Fives just blinked his eyes open and laughed. The marksman smiled down at the man who was his best-friend, the two unaware of the hidden ears by the door. Echo was glaring at his twin. Fives was unbothered as he pulled himself into a sitting position, “so when can we go home?” Fives asked, Crosshair shrugged, “Hopefully sooner for you. I’m gathering doctor Flynn would like to keep me here more so I can be stared at like a porcelain doll. Also, my kids are still here so I’m not leaving until they are all home” Crosshair said with determination in his features. Hunter smiled at him from where he was stroking Omega’s head. 

“What are you doing out of bed!” Doctor Flynn yelled at Crosshair who only glared, from this angle Crosshair seemed to recognise the doctor. “Ahh shit, I know you” Doctor Flynn only cocked his head to the side, “Funny, I don’t recognise you” Crosshair crossed his arms over his chest with an unimpressed look, “Really Flynn that's how we are going to go”. Flynn flinched. “Yep, thought so. Now tell me how the hell you became a doctor when I put you behind bars for…Shit!”.

All of them watched as Flynn launched himself at Crosshair with a hidden knife, the blade was stabbed in Crosshairs direction. The marksman stumbled backwards into Fives bed while he defended himself, Hunter and Echo were quick to rush across the room and restrain the doctor who shouted threats at Crosshair. “Be glad your focus is on me and not your…” 

Crosshair didn’t even let him finish as he took off down the corridor towards the ICU. Thorn gasped when he saw the marksman and rushed to catch up, Crosshair appeared in the maternal baby Section in the ICU. only to see two obvious not nurses holding pistols at his kids' incubator. The marksman watched as the two were restrained by none other than Jesse and Rex who had been on duty, the two visiting Amber when they heard the commotion. Crosshair sighed from the other side of the glass, he slumped to the floor. Two individuals kneeled in front of him revealing to be Thorn and Ahsoka. The two looking at him in concern, he mumbled something that Thorn understood and directed Jesse to the batches room while Ahsoka helped Crosshair back to his room. 

After ten minutes of walking they arrived on the scene only to find Flynn dead on the floor with Jesse holding the gun, two accomplices shot by none other than Rex. Looking up at his approach, Hunter quickly wrapped his arms around his shaking husband. “How are they?” Hunter aimed his question at Thorn who smiled, “The twins are fine, they should be ready to go home anytime now” Thorn explained. Ahsoka smiled. Quite recently she had received the same news about Amber, her daughter would need regular check-ups and that's about it. 

“Father?” Hunter whipped around hearing a soft voice he longed to hear. All attention turned to the now waking up Omega. The ex-sergeant moved quickly, he let out a sob of relief as Omega snuggled close to her father while Thorn double-checked her over. Omega smiled loving the hug, she smiled when she saw Tech. The engineer hugged her in relief, he still blamed himself but she didn’t blame him. It wasn’t their fault a drunk driver hit them and then they were in a pile up.

The ride home thankfully was uneventful. Crosshair had to remain in the hospital for another night so Thorn could discuss something important with him. Hunter had decided to remain with Omega getting her last checks. The young girl would need to go to a few therapy sessions for her recovery. Thorn suggested instead of paying for it, they ring him when he was available or go see Kix. Hunter couldn't have been more thankful, Kix promised he would keep an eye on Omega and be on call for anything, he even mentioned he would do free checks for them all since they were family. 

It had been a week since all the family were home from the hospital, during the time Crosshair was in his coma. Wrecker had reorganised Hunter's room so they could fit a large crib in for the new additions who were finally home. The two parents were just struggling for names.