Chapter 44

A week later…

Crosshair was what one could say was happy, he sat comfortable on the sofa watching over his children. Naomi and Colton were lying on their fronts, Naomi had just learned crawling while Colton just wiggled. His son was much quieter than his twin. 

"You okay?" 

A voice startled him out of his thoughts, he looked up to see Cody looking down at him. Yes, his older brother was around on request from Hunter since he had gone back to work with Wrecker for a project. Fives was training new cadets as a way to earn money even though he was a millionaire, he just had to stay occupied. So he took the job Crosshair was offered, to help shorten Crosshairs sentence which had been dropped immediately after the Ryker brothers were out of jail. 

No word on Kix was worrying them all, Rex and Obi-wan refused to talk about it. However, Jesse had vanished leaving only a note directed at Thorn, that he would be back in a week's time. 

"Yeah, is Casey asleep?" Crosshair asked, referring to his newborn daughter who was in her small crib upstairs while being monitored by the cameras. 

"Yes, definitely Fives child. Not even a hurricane could wake her" Cody joked taking a seat beside his baby brother.

"How old are these two now?" 

"They turn one, tomorrow" Crosshair answered, moving to lie his head on Cody's shoulder. The older man moved to accommodate his brother. 

"Woah, but their tiny" 

"That's because they were four months premature," Crosshair bluntly said, yawning. 

"Are you feeling okay?" 

"Bit nauseous from the last session of the cancer treatment" 

"Well at least your body is responding the right way to the treatment" 

"Well if I turn nuclear it's because of the experimental treatment" Crosshair joked as the twins yawned. Cody on instinct alone helped the two into their nap crib that Fives had decorated with all sorts of creatures.

"Fancy watching a movie while we wait?" Crosshair suggested pointing at the TV, Cody nodded pressing on something. The two snuggled together to watch it. However, Cody knew he would be the one finishing it, he didn't mind being his brother's pillow.

An hour later, Cody found himself slipping out from under the blanket he had at some point put over the two of them as his niece cried out. He walked upstairs to get to her, she had the brightest blue eyes obviously getting them from Fives, carefully he rocked her bringing her downstairs with the little carrier. He walked into the kitchen where Hunter had prepared bottles this morning and warmed one up. 

Although he had no children of his own, he always had a good nature with children being able to settle them. He had Anakin as a step-son and a step-granddaughter. He didn't mind not having kids knowing he had nieces and a nephew to look after. 

He swayed after feeding the baby girl, Casey, the newest addition to the small family. Humming an old tune, he used to help settle Anakin in the past. His entire focus was on the baby in his arms unaware that Fives had returned with Hera and Omega, the man snapping pictures of his soon to be brother-in-law, they had agreed to get married sooner rather than later. Cody to be fair wasn't that bothered about pictures, he turned to see not only Fives but Obi-wan was standing in the doorway with a gentle smile on his face. 

Fives moved forward taking Casey of Cody who nodded. Obi-wan instantly wrapped his arms around his partner pulling him close. Cody smirked accepting his hug before dropping down to his knees as Omega jumped on him, she and Hera told him all about their school day. Cody smiled making his famous hot chocolate.