Chapter 58

A picture of Padme…

“Me” Cody’s voice had all heads turning the marshall commander knew it wasn’t him but no one exactly knew that, no one but Asajj who punched him in the head. Cody grimaced in pain, but still didn’t say anything. 

“Who was it?!” Asajj snarled, looking at Cody who spat up at her, she slammed her hand into his neck and he almost threw up. Obi-wan winced watching the one he loved take a beating.

“It was the driver hired by me to drive her to the airport. A car hit her’s, the car was military. It was Quinlan Vos” Mace answered, Asajj nodded, gripping the back of Cody’s neck violently as another image appeared. 

Sheila’s husband

“Me” Crosshair spoke up, his tone bored. 

Images continued to pop up of many different people including several strangers no one recognised but they all fell back to the military. Cody took the violent hits watching the others admit to the truth including when Kix popped up and Jesse admitted to pulling the trigger years ago, something that had been a dark secret between Rex and Jesse was exposed to do with Wolffe and his former wife. Wolffe never said a word but didn’t blame the brothers. 

Finally after an hour and almost everyone was in tears, an image popped up on screen and it was Cody with Crosshair tucked under his arm. It confused them all until Asajj placed a pistol to the back of Cody’s head. 

“Now, here’s the deal I was offered by the man who wants both of you killed. I can kill either you or Crosshair but then the other is killed by the man who wants you dead” Asajj muttered, Cody remained silent while Crosshair coughed which had Asajj’s attention drawn to him while Fives managed to untie Jesse’s hands, the two of them working together to escape. 

“Do you have something to say?” Asajj asked. 

“Yeah, your plan and the military plans are terrible” Crosshair challenged, not caring that the gun was aimed straight at him.

“Do you want to say that again with a pistol aimed at your head?” Asajj snarled, Crosshair smirked, “Your plans are terrible, one because the pistol isn’t loaded. Two because you are just a pawn on the chessboard the same as us, Asajj” Crosshair spoke calmly back, Asajj froze, taking notice of her gun being blank. She wore a look of confusion which turned into wonder. 

“How did you know that?” Asajj asked, Crosshair only tilted his head at the pistol, “It’s fake. Looks like he played you too” Crosshair continued, Hunter smiled from his place at his husband who held too much knowledge for weapons that it shouldn’t have been possible. 

“He wouldn’t…he loves me” Asajj muttered not realising she had said that outloud. 

“Sure he does which is why he has you occupying us while he rigs the door with explosives” Cody said in a tone almost like it was obvious. 

“No! He wouldn’t! How would you know that?!” Asajj asked, only for Cody to smirk, “Because it’s something I would do to get rid of something that should have stayed a secret. I’m gathering your husband is General Grievous?” Cody exclaimed, his tone showing he had worked out who it was ages ago, looking straight at Mace confirmed it. Yep, Grievous was the one who had been after Crosshair, the brother who held a grudge to his younger brother Senator Bail Organa. It all made sense now. 

“It would seem someone read the instruction manual on the sarcasm of life, welcome back Cody Kenobi, do I dare ask how you worked out who was after the Senator’s son?” 

The tone was dark and hoarse over the speakers attached to each corner of the room but Cody could only recognise the voice as the one who he had worked with in the past, the traitor to the secret gangs in the military.