Chapter 60 - Final Chapter

Meanwhile in the house…

Omega smiled to herself watching Jeremy rock Archer in his arms until he was calm and asleep. She knew one thing without her mother, she wouldn’t have been able to have this beautiful life, and without her uncle Cody’s sacrifice, she wouldn’t have been able to see her mother in the state he is in now, happy. 

“He will be okay, because he has you” Jeremy’s whisper had Omega grinning as she allowed Jeremy to lead her back downstairs, they bypassed Rose who smiled at them going to put Zack to bed herself before she joined the celebrations downstairs. Tech and Echo smiled watching Hera teach Comet how to dance, Wolffe watched on proudly but also shared a look with Echo, who only grinned. It would seem something was brewing and either parent didn’t know how to take it while their other halves, Tech and Howzer, enjoyed the feeling that their children were now growing young adults, making decisions for themselves. Amber laughed at her cousin Comet stumbling over her good friend. 

Amongst the sunset somewhere else…

Something he thought he’d never see again after he received his final clear letter was the sunset in front of him which painted the sky in hues of gold and orange, followed by the clear pink amongst the fluffy white clouds. Finding himself smiling, he parked his bike against the railing, removed his helmet and keys as he headed towards the place it all started. Taking a seat on the soft tempting sand, he lay his helmet beside him while pocketing his keys. His eyes could only stare at the sun which took in its stride to dip below the horizon as if it was bidding the world of beauty a goodbye. 

Glancing behind him he saw the rays of the moonlight appearing in the sky as it grew brighter while the sun's retreating form filled the sky with colours so warm which connected with the cool night of blue streams coming from the moon. In between it all a warm cool breeze showed the meeting in the middle of it all, that pure peace was possible. 

A contempt sigh escaped his vocal cords as he allowed himself to relax, pulling his knees up to his chest, a fond memory appeared within his thoughts. A memory from when he and Tech were little and their older brother brought them to this exact beach. 

Old Memory…

His mind was so curious but not as much as his twins as he felt the sand in between his toes and heard the ocean rush against his ears. Laughter from the side caught his attention as he saw Tech giggling in the arms of their older brother, known to them as Cody. The older teenager was laughing while holding a five year old Caleb in his arms. 

“Tristan! Come here!” Caleb called out, Tristan only laughed as he ran over only for Codty to throw him in the air. Caleb giggled, as Cody dragged them into the sea for a bit before they spent hours making the best sand sculptures and sandcastles possible. All evening fifteen year old Cody ignored his phone, the insane amount of texts from their father was getting crazy, he had taken the twins out to get away from the arguing family members and decided to spend the whole day with them. 

“Can we come here all the time?” Caleb asked, Cody smiled warmly down at the twins who held each other while they had puppy eyes staring straight at him. He wished he could say yes but then he knew the answer was no. However, right in this moment, he knew a lie could slip up now and then and besides the twins were five, it’s not like they could remember.

“I don’t see why not. I will try my very best to get you both back to this beach” Cody whispered, Caleb and Tristan only laughed as they shared a look confusing Cody until he found himself dragged over to the beach towel which they all sat on. 

At first Cody had no clue what the twins were doing until they both curled into his chest and gestured towards the sunset. 

“This is our spot,” Tristan said in such a commanding tone.