Chapter 6

“Do you want to talk about it?” Crosshair looked up from where he sat on the bed of Kix’s private examination room. The voice of the individual made him look up to see Tech had walked into the room and now was sitting beside him on the bed. “I have cancer” Crosshair admitted out-loud, something tightened in his chest making it harder to breathe. “I know” Tech’s answer had him looking up in shock, Tech sighed. “I figured it out months ago, I gathered what information I could and found your medication. Once I made the link it was only time until I worked out what you had”. “Why didn’t you ever approach me?” Crosshair asked, his nerves getting the better of him as his hands shook with fear. Soon enough a hand clasped his and another brought his chin up so his chocolate brown eyes met the hazel coloured ones of his twin. “The answer is simple, I know you and I love you. I know when you need help, you seek it out the best way you can and will only ask for help when it's majorly needed. It may be stubbornness or fear. But, I knew if I approached you, the result would be for you to run. I didn’t want to pressure you but I did keep a watch over what you had. I made sure I could help in any way, even if it meant giving you chocolate after a bad day of work. Crosshair, I’m not stupid, I’m your twin. Yes I am a bit mad, you never told me. I know eventually you would, whether it would be too late, it didn’t matter to you. I love you too much to let you suffer alone which is why I am going to have a word with Hunter for his attitude towards you. We both know we are not open books but you have to remember, it's us against the world. We are twins, we have something others don’t, so don't you ever think you’re going to let me down, understand little brother” Tech explained, he searched Crosshairs eyes as he spoke and stopped searching as soon as he found what he was looking for. 

Crosshair smiled at his brother with one of his rare smiles but it didn’t last as he couldn’t help the sobs escape his throat, Tech quickly wrapped him up in his arms. “Also, little brother. Father’s death was not your fault, I promise you that”. Hearing these words allowed the flood gates to fully open, Crosshair cried into his brothers arms, he didn’t care anymore. Tech turned so Crosshair was facing away from the door in case any unexpected guests walked in, the first thing they would see was Tech’s deadly glare. Thankfully no one disturbed the two of them for quite a while. It took ten minutes for Crosshair to calm down. Through Tech’s reassurances and hugs, Crosshair managed to be relaxed within himself. “Cross, can I tell Echo and Wrecker?” Crosshair just nodded into his brother's chest. “Now is there anything else you would like to tell me while we wait for the rest of our idiots to get their heads out of their arses?” Tech’s words made his twin chuckle, the laugh was all Tech needed to smile. Crosshair sat up slightly but remained in Tech’s arms as he found his brother's hands interesting. Tech allowed Crosshair to play with his hands as the marksman took a calming breath, “Your going to be an uncle again” Crosshair admitted. 

No sooner did he say that Tech turned Crosshair around to hug him tightly. “Cross! I’m so happy for you! So Omega is going to have another sibling?!” Crosshair nodded with a frown on his face, Tech’s smile faltered. “What is it, Cross?” “I don’t think me and Hunter are going to last?” Crosshair said with defeat in his tone. “What makes you say that?” Tech wondered as he wrapped his arms around his slighter shorter twin, Crosshair blamed the cancer for his height. Tech was taller than him now. The engineer smiled, enjoying it slightly while the other part of him was deadly worried for his brother's health. 

“We have drifted too far apart and in our last argument, he mentioned Omega again. I just don’t want to disappoint the kid, she deserves a better father than me. Thats why she has Hunter. Also, Hunter…” Crosshair trailed off as the door opened revealing none other than Hunter, Omega, Hera, Echo and Wrecker. Tech shook his head signalling to his twin, they would finish this later on. Crosshair nodded in promise. He watched as Tech greeted Echo with a kiss, thankfully he was soon distracted by the gentle giant of the family. “How are you feeling Cross? You really scared us all when you collapsed outside, I thought something bad had happened with the way Kix carried you in” Wrecker mumbled into his ear, Crosshair just wrapped his arms around Wrecker and reassured him he would be alright for now.