Chapter 32

It had been a long month since that fateful day in the hangar. There had been no contact, sign or signal from the Elite Squad, Fox or Kix. The others had been taken to a safe haven from Howzer who revealed himself to be running the Black Suns beside his brothers. Cody at first didn't believe it but when someone everyone thought died appeared out of the shadows. He most certainly did. Omega, Amber and Hera’s school had been informed of the situation and they were currently being home schooled for the time being by a few of them.

Currently Cody, Howzer, Wolffe, Hunter, Obi-one, Skywalker, Jesse, Ahsoka, Sheila and Echo were standing around a command table discussing their options while the others stood around the room. The children were in the next room with Wrecker and Gregor. 

"What do we do?! We haven't heard from any of them! What if something major has happened!" Ahsoka said while looking at Howzer who remained quiet sitting on a stool with Wolffe standing over him. There were a few black suns around the room. Cody sighed into his palm, Obi-one had wrapped an arm around his waist to keep them both grounded. 

"We can't do anything. We must have faith in the Elite Squad. They know what they are doing" a voice announced, the tone serious as it belonged to a man they had come to know as Mace Windu. An old friend of Obi-one and Cody who was thought to be dead. 

Hunter, Echo and Tech shared looks with one another. They were all fairly certain Crosshair wasn't back to his normal health. The marksman thought he was good at hiding it but they all knew when he was sick especially since his body had gone through hell for years. 

"Father, Colton won't settle" Omega's voice broke through the conversation. All eyes turned to see Omega lingering in the doorway with an anxious Amber. Hunter nodded following them from the room only to be alerted by his screaming son crying in Wreckers arms. The giant looking lost as Naomi slept through it.

"Pass him here" Hunter ordered out of instinct, he was stressed but he would throw that aside to help his son. Colton continued screaming with tears in Hunter's arms. The bad batch leader was ready to rip his hair out, Colton had been like this for a month almost like he could tell Crosshair was gone. 

"Any ideas what it is today?" Jesse's voice from the doorway, Hunter turned to face him, "Nope, I think he's missing his mother" Hunter said with a sigh. "Want some help?" Jesse asked. Hunter didn't even reply as he passed Colton over to Jesse while he checked on the silent Naomi who wanted food. Echo was quick to get a bottle or two ready as Tech passed Hunter a bottle. The leader accepted it quickly and fed his daughter while Jesse walked away to try and settle Colton who continued to cry his little heart out. 

Tech passed a bottle and Jesse managed to get Colton to settle with it for now. The batch breathed while Omega smiled at her siblings. "Father, why does he cry all the time?" Hunter looked up to meet Omega's eyes. "It's what babies do, Megs," Echo replied for Hunter as he wrapped an arm around Tech who had practically adopted Hera since the girl was in his arms again. 

"I know that, it's just Colton doesn't cry. He screams almost like he's…actually it doesn't matter. It's stupid" Omega said looking at the ground in shame. The batch frowned. Hunter quickly passed Naomi over to Echo who took her without hesitation while the batch watched Hunter kneel down in front of Omega. 

"Megan, whatever it is. I can promise you it's not stupid" Hunter said lifting her chin and wiping her tears away. Omega looked up with tears and nodded. "Its just when I was little and this was before Crosshair came home. I used to say I had nightmares to come and snuggle into your beds when in reality I had a nightmare but would wake with a sharp pain on my body. I didn't understand but sometimes there would be a bruise there or something. I thought I was just clumsy but sometimes I had dreams where I was staring at the stars or some bright lights. It didn't feel natural but it almost felt like…" Omega looked directly at Tech as she said, "Like I could feel someone else's pain" Tech gasped he had an idea of what she meant. As did Echo.