Chapter 14

Kix found himself stopping in the corridor for a breather, a hand appeared on his shoulder looking up, he saw a look of love looking down. He sighed accepting the warm arms of love, he slouched into those arms.The past hour he had gone through hell and back. Crosshair had collapsed a total of two times and his heart stopped once. The kid then woke up like nothing had happened while Tech fainted blaming stress but Kix knew better, Tech and Crosshair were born with heart conditions. The twins were not ones to share their problems with the world but since he had served beside them, he knew so when Tech said stress to Echo, he just went with it until Echo asked him privately and he told him to ask Tech.

The medic was now preparing Crosshair for a scan but first he just wanted to be with Jesse for a minute. The swat officer hugged him tightly to his chest physically showing the doctor that he was there for him. Jesse had only originally been in the hospital to drop off Kix some food before he headed home to get some rest when all hell broke loose. 

"Doctor Kix would you please report to room 5" Kix perked up, that was Amber's room. He kissed Jesse's cheek before he raced to find out what was wrong. Entering the room he watched as Ahsoka was pulled from the room in tears, he dreaded to know the reason. He gasped when he found the young child he had grown to love so much had crashed on the bed. Doctors and nurses were frantic around the small child. Kix snapped into action, he would try and at least save this child. Even if he died trying. 

Elsewhere…

Echo sighed from where he sat in the seat beside his husband's bed, Tech lay on the bed sleeping. All the rushing around had caused stress on his heart and according to the now awake Crosshair. It led to his collapse when Echo asked what was wrong. Crosshair only replied with "ask Tech, not my place to say". The engineer groaned, waking up on the uncomfortable bed, “What happened?” Tech asked while rubbing his eye and sitting up to find Echo smiling down at him. “You fainted” “I did not!” “Tech, shush. You did and scared the living daylights out of me” Echo exclaimed, wrapping his arms around his smaller husband, the engineer only grumbled to himself as he hugged back. Tech’s calm mood lasted for only a few seconds before he thought of his twin. Grabbing Echo’s shoulders he shook them slightly, “Crosshair! Where is he!? Please tell me if he is alright?!” Tech almost shouted gaining a particular half-asleep grumpy marksman's attention. Crosshair rolled over hearing his panicking twin, being careful of the machines attached to him, he rolled on his side so he faced Tech and the worried Echo. 

Before the said man could get a word in, “Caleb, I’m here. I’m okay”. Echo had never seen Tech move so fast, his husband was up disconnecting the monitor on his wrist and across the room in the matter of time Echo blinked. Arms of warmth pulled the younger twin into a strong chest, the one that had the same heart condition. “Tristan! Don’t you ever do that again!” Tech scolded, pulling Crosshair tight against his chest. The younger twin didn’t have much energy as he just nodded and slumped into his brother's warmth. The door to the room opened revealing a worried looking Hunter who took in the room and saw his ex-lover on the bed connected to a heart monitor. “What’s going on?” Hunter asked using his old commanding tone. 

Echo almost laughed as Crosshair ignored it and slumped further into the bed with Tech holding him close to his chest. Hunter turned to look at Echo who took a seat on Tech’s empty bed beside Hunter and explained everything that had happened. Soon enough the realisation of what had just happened sunk into Hunter's thoughts, “I could have lost him for good and all I did was hurt him” Hunter admitted unaware he had said it out-loud and a pair of eyes widened. Echo smirked slightly when he saw the same pair, Tech saw widened in shock. Those chocolate brown eyes only had focus for one person and that was Hunter. 

“Hunter?” The ex-sergeant looked up to see Crosshair was looking in his direction and gesturing for him to come over, with a sigh Hunter made his way to Crosshairs side. The marksman gestured to the space where Tech had just vacated, the engineer moving over to his own husband. “I’m sorry” Crosshairs voice was barely a whisper but it made Hunter look at him with confusion, with a sigh he continued, “I’m sorry for not telling you about the cancer, I should have told you when I was diagnosed”. Crosshair looked down in shame but Hunter had other ideas, he lifted the marksman's chin. “You have nothing to be sorry about Cross, it's me who should apologise. I was being selfish and it took some wise words of Echo for me to snap out of my selfishness and…” “Don’t forget jealousy” Echo perked up only to be whacked by Tech for him to shut up. Hunter would have to thank the engineer for that later as he continued, “I love you Crosshair and loving you means not only seeing the good things, it's about the flaws and accepting them. I’m sorry for not accepting who you are, I expected everything to go back to normal after you returned but I didn’t realise how much you have been hurting especially since you suffered years alone and then suddenly had everyone. I know 99 was a huge figure in your life almost like how Kix is to you now but I want to make it up to you, if you will let me Cross”.