Chapter 15

Omega woke up to the tweeting bird noises filtering through her window. It had been decided late last night by Hunter over the phone that Hera and Omega would not be going to school for the rest of the week. The school argued with him but when the police put in an official letter, the school understood straight away and wished the police luck in finding the people responsible for targeting the children. Omega smiled still remembering Wrecker’s face as the giant listened over the phone to the conversation between her father and the school. A knock at the front door made butterflies fly through her stomach, she was hoping Hunter would be back by now. She wanted to talk to him about something. 

Running down the stairs in excitement she didn’t hear Wrecker’s warning to not open the door since it was 09:00am in the morning and it could be anyone. Omega blatantly ignored her Uncle as she unlocked the door to open it with a smile which quickly faltered as she slammed the door and shouted, “WRECKER!”. The giant came running down the stairs in nothing but his shorts and scruffy top, “what is it?!” he said as Omega pointed to the door. Wrecker groaned knowing it was either a stranger which made Omega panic or it was a furious Echo. Taking a deep breath, Wrecker opened the door only to freeze on the spot. 

There standing in front of him was a beautiful woman, she had brown hair and shining grey eyes. She basically looked like a female version of Hunter. “Hi, my name is Sheila Dawson and I am looking for Aaron and Daniel Dawson…” She was cut off as the giant hugged her, she laughed unexpectedly. “I’m Daniel but I mostly go by Wrecker these days. Aaron is out but he should be back soon, please do come in. I will take your bag for you” Wrecker gestured to the room as he picked the small suitcase up, he noticed she didn’t have much which showed she was either just stopping by or she was on the run. 

Wrecker smiled to himself. “Please follow me, mind the mess. Seven of us live here, six since Cross only appears now and then” Wrecker rambled as he led her to the living room where Omega sat watching TV with her cereal. Sheila took a seat at the kitchen table as Wrecker said he would be back in two minutes so he could shove some decent clothes on. No sooner did she take a seat did Omega sit opposite her and quiz her with every question she knew. Wrecker re-emerged from upstairs not even five minutes later, he offered to get her a drink. She smiled accepting the apple juice since Omega grumbled about Wrecker not knowing about good juice, the giant just smiled at his niece. He heard shifting upstairs earlier but the giant knew Hera was sick in bed and just wanted to sleep whatever bug she had caught off. 

“So are you Wreckers daughter?” Omega looked at Sheila’s question and then looked at Wrecker before the two laughed and shook their heads. “No Wreckers my uncle” Omega said with a smile. “Well, if you don’t mind me asking who’s your father?” Sheila asked. Omega frowned which made Sheila think she had overstepped the barrier. “Hunter is my father” Sheila looked confused until Wrecker mouthed ‘Aaron’, she nodded. Sheila went to speak when she was cut off, “He’s not my biological but he took me in when my biological dad left me” Omega said, it sounded harsher than what it did and from Wrecker’s warning look Omega gasped at what she had said out of anger than what she was thinking. Before she could re-correct herself, the front door opened to reveal the rest of the bad batch.

Omega ran for the door to greet them but something was off with them all. They all looked sad. Wrecker was surprised to see Crosshair and Hunter holding hands and being civil, he inwardly smiled. “Hey Wrecker, think you could…” Hunter stopped in his tracks at the woman at their kitchen table, Crosshair bumped straight into his back since he wasn’t watching where he was going, “Wrecker, who’s that?” Hunter asked looking at his brother who only smiled, “Hunter this here is Sheila Dawson, our sister. She even has a dna test to prove it” Wrecker said with excitement. Hunter smiled as he whispered to Crosshair, “Head upstairs I will be there soon” Crosshair only nodded as he slipped from the room and up the stairs towards Hunter’s room.