Chapter 16

Apon making his way to the house, he heard the shouting before anything. Hunter quickened his pace towards the house, he noticed the shouting was from the outside so he made his way to the back garden only to gasp at what he found. Sheila had Crosshair on the floor while she had a foot on his chest and she was holding his gun in her free hand. “Woah Woah! What’s going on?!” Hunter shouted, his eyes connected with Crosshairs wide ones. His older sister looked furious, she was glaring down at the wide eyed marksman. Tech and Echo remained behind Wrecker who stood in the way of them while Hera and Omega watched with wide eyes behind Sheila. “This bastard is responsible for my husband's death! Do you know how many people you killed in the bombings of coruscant” Sheila glared at Crosshair who remained rigid on the floor. No sarcasm left his mouth, “I oddly remember you being quite snarky, where’s the attitude gone? Hmmm?” Sheila went to put more pressure on the marksman's chest when her legs were swept out from underneath her by none other than a furious Crosshair. The sniper now in his own hands, she gasped when she found it pointed at her. 

“Cross!” Hunter warned, he went to move when he saw the familiar flicker of a hand signal from Tech to say ‘wait’. The ex-sergeant watched in fear. Crosshair allowed Sheila to climb back to her feet as he said, “I do remember killing your husband, if that's what you could call an embarrassment of a husband. I personally think you would be better without a wife beater, he was an arsehole and so was the rest of the compound he lived in. From my experience, he deserved it” Sheila glared at him for letting out her secret, the wide eyes of her blood brothers made her turn her head away from them. An idea for a distraction came into her head, “Do you know how many you killed with the bombs and war that was on coruscant? How many innocents were killed and some of them were children?” Sheila pointed her finger at the marksman who slung his sniper over his shoulder. He only nodded as he turned to face her directly, “7,012 dead by the army’s hand. 2,015 of them were children. Trust me I know. I nearly made it 7,013 but sadly the army likes to pin deaths on its soldiers and let them do the dirty work before they cast them aside to live the rest of their lives in the most deadly prisons of life itself while still getting them the information they needed”. Sheila gasped, “Crosshair, what the hell happened to you after coruscant?” her question went unanswered as the marksman ignored her and walked in the direction of the barn. 

The others stood frozen watching the back of their family member stalk off in the direction of the unstable barn, Tech froze suddenly remembering something, he jogged after his twin to see if he could find out what was wrong. Echo shook his head directing the two girls back into the house away from the little family reunion happening outside. “Sheila?” Wrecker’s worried voice reached his sister's ears as she looked up with tears in her eyes, “I’m sorry, I…” A sob left her throat as the tears she had kept inside broke through her wall, Wrecker quickly moved, scooping her up in his arms and directing her into the living room of the house. Hunter questioned himself on who to follow but he was being pulled in his sister's direction and thankfully he did as the heavens opened above them. Rain poured down hard on the property. After ten minutes, Wrecker managed to get Sheila to briefly describe what Crosshair meant. She described that her husband, although not a good man loved her but that love soon came to a stop when Ahsoka was born and he beat her violently all because Ahsoka had red hair with a tint of blue in it. Sheila had tried to explain to her husband that it was genetic and their daughter was beautiful. He didn’t like it but the problem was, he was a powerful man who owned his own crime business and could get away with anything so even the police force never helped. Sheila was called everything from a liar to a slut. She eventually left with Ahsoka but after she got her daughter to safety she was kidnapped and forced to be with her husband until he died. Wrecker and Hunter listened intently as they comforted their sister. Sheila admitted she lost contact with Ahsoka three years ago and had been trying to find her daughter ever since. She had bumped into Crosshair and he had given her some ‘hints’ to where she may be until he had to get in contact regarding 99’s assignment. A knock at the door interrupted her story and revealed Ahsoka, Rex and Fives. The three in raincoats, well two since Fives seemed to have forgotten the laws of nature.