Chapter 54

The next morning, the house was more deadly silent. Crosshair at some point during the night had explained to Hunter and Fives about his heart and the two had told him that they needed to think about it. Crosshair just nodded knowing he had dropped something big on them, to the point they had gone to collect the twins and Casey from Wooleys, giving them time to think. 

“Morning, where is everyone?” 

Crosshair looked up from where he was fiddling with something on his bike. He turned to see a smiling Omega with Jeremy, he was nervously fiddling with his fingers while Omega kissed her mother’s cheek. 

“Your papa and father have gone to get your siblings, Echo has taken Hera and Tech out for breakfast. So, it’s just us in the house” Crosshair mumbled, rubbing his chest which had Omega raising an eyebrow at him. “I’m fine, don’t you have something better to do than bug me?” Crosshair muttered, Omega grinned hugging his waist. 

“Can I have some money to go to the shops with Jeremy, please?” Omega politely asked, Crosshair nodded. He gestured for them to follow him, the two did all the way to his room where he found his wallet. Noticing he had nothing in it, he opened his safe and gave her two hundred pounds. “Is that enough?” Crosshair whispered, yawning into his arm. “More than enough, when we get back. Can we talk with father and papa?” Omega received a bare nod, she kissed Crosshairs cheek knowing that the money was some of her birthday money plus help from him knowing she was going shopping for not only her but the baby too. 

It wasn’t long after they left that the twins and Casey were back. Their immediate destination was their mother who welcomed them into his arms before they ran off to cause terror in their room. Yep Naomi, Colton and Casey shared a room, it was easier for their parents. With a sigh, Crosshair changed clothes and headed downstairs where Fives was in the kitchen and Hunter in the living room with Wrecker who was discussing their work schedule. Crosshair moved through the house, his vision blurred once or twice but he ignored it as he grabbed himself a bottle of water and a cereal bar. Yep not entirely nutritional but it was at least something. He found himself watching Fives, Hunter and Wrecker joke while watching something which they were shortly joined by Echo and Tech, he wanted to go over there but he just couldn’t. Instead he headed upstairs to sort his head out. Hera, Naomi, Colton and Casey were in the living room being watched by the others. So, it gave him time to do something to calm himself down.

Sadly, nothing was working, even after two hours. He was panicking trying to calm his breathing when an idea came to him. He looked across the room to see the rifle which saved his life on several occasions but he couldn’t move to pick up the rifle. Lifting a hand up to his face, he could barely see it through the black dots in his vision, his eyes blurred as his breathing quickened. Just at the last minute of his panic when he thought his body was done for a cold grip on the back of his neck had him freezing. 

“FATHER! PAPA!” 

That was Omega but he couldn’t tell who was holding his head up, the icy grip had him blinking. 

“Hold on Tris, I’ve got you. Deep breaths, I’ve got you kidda” 

That tone belonged to none other than Cody, his big brother was here. He couldn’t help but lean into Cody who held him tightly directing him through his severe panic attack while another attached something to his heart, a vital monitor. It took a terrifying twenty minutes for his vision to return and when it did, he saw not only Cody but Omega, Hunter, Fives and Tech beside his body. Cody continued to hold him even when he was sitting up. 

“I’m not going to ask if you are okay, so come on. We are going on a drive” Cody whispered, Crosshair could only nod as he was helped to his feet by his older brother who wrapped a jacket around him and led him through the house towards a car which sat outside. Taking a seat in the passenger seat, Crosshair could only lean back as Cody climbed in and the car took off into the distance.