Chapter 33

"He was really starting to piss me off, anyone else?" A cheery voice from the doorway made them all spin around to see none other than Fives. The Arc trooper looked worse for where it was almost like he had been dragged through hell and back. 

"Fives!" Echo called out pulling his twin in for a hug, Fives clung back to him but let go when a hand landed on his shoulder. Turning around, Fives came face to face with Hunter, "Is he?" "He's alive, Hunter. Follow me" Fives said, dropping his smile slightly which confused the batch. Gregor immediately grabbed Maul and dragged the man with them. He had an idea what this was about. He passed Maul over to some Black Suns guards who knew what they were doing. Gregor instantly went back to the medical bay to keep an eye on Thorn. 

Hunter gestured for Wrecker to follow. The man did just that, leaving Echo, Tech, Wolffe, Omega, Hera and Thorn with Naomi, Colton and Gregor.

Fives trudged on looking worried which confused the two brothers. They were about to enter when Fives turned around. "Hunter. Wrecker something happened. The helicopter crashed and Crosshair burnt the side of his head. He is ashamed of himself but we also went through some torture. So if he tells you to let go. Do it" Fives warned as he opened the door to the command room where Fox, Crosshair, Rex, Obi-one, Cody, Ahsoka, Dusty and Duster stood glaring at each other. There was a wall between the two sides. One had the Elite Squad on it, the other had Cody, Rex, Obi-one and Ahsoka. 

"I brought guests!" Fives teased coming to stand beside Dusty who smirked at the arc trooper. Hunter ignored the room as his eyes were only searching for one other person. Soon enough chocolate brown eyes met polished silver. Crosshair nodded at him slightly before moving away from the table and leaving the room. Hunter and Wrecker were quick to follow with Fives following. The arc trooper stopped Wrecker before he could go any further. Gesturing for Hunter to continue. Fives and Wrecker remained in the corridor allowing Hunter to go into the room Crosshair had just disappeared into. 

Hunter entered only to smile, Crosshair was standing on the balcony of what looked like a bedroom. The marksman was furious and Hunter didn't even need to have a look at his face to see that he was angry. It could be told through his body language. With a slow approach, Hunter came up beside his husband. No words passed between them for a few minutes, Hunter remained calm staring out at the view. A gentle hand on his arm made him look left to see Crosshair looking back at him. The marksman had a spider web scar from the side of his head. His right side still had a small bandage on from a cut but other that that the marksman looked like he was healing. Hunter didn't say anything as Crosshair grasped his hand and pressed against his chest to hear his heartbeat. 

After a minute or two Crosshair let out a sigh which signalled to Hunter that everything was alright allowing him to wrap his arms around his husband. "I love you Aaron" Crosshair mumbled into Hunter's chest, his voice sounded hoarse almost like he had been strangled. Hunter smiled, muttering the words back, "I love you too, Tris. Oh god I've missed you" Hunter said gently tightening his grip on his husband. 

A knock on the door separated the two, Crosshair jolted slightly, almost knocking Hunter over who caught his footing quickly. "Come on stop hogging my brother" Wreckers cheery voice made the two smile. Crosshair was quick to open his arms allowing Wrecker to scoop him up with Fives leaning against the entrance smiling. 

Hunter gestured for the man to come over, Fives instantly reacted and squeezed into the hug. Which prompted a laugh from Crosshair, it was like a joy to hear which had them all laughing. 

Unfortunately in these types of compounds there was no such thing as privacy. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we have an ETA on Kix's arrival" Fox said from the doorway. Crosshair groaned slightly which prompted Wrecker to let go and look at the marksman in concern. Hunter smiled when Crosshair grabbed his and Fives hands to direct them after Fox. Wrecker had to jog to catch up to them all.