Chapter 47

Hours later…

That insane beeping noise was back but why? Last he checked he was with Kix and Tech, what happened?

“Looks like sleeping beauty definitely needs a loyalty card” 

That was Fives, what was happening? He was so confused as he opened his eyes only to meet the eyes of concerned family members. 

“What?” 

“Easy Tris” Hunter whispered, helping Crosshair into a seated position. 

“What happened?” Crosshair asked, turning to Fives who could only wince moving slightly to allow Tech to pass. The engineer moved to pull his brother close. 

“You collapsed, you have very low blood sugar levels and you had an allergic reaction to the medication you had taken this morning. Despite it being a good couple of hours ago, it took a bit of stress and the low blood sugar for the allergy to kick in. The doctors had to perform a couple of scans, the cancer has spread, I’m sorry Tris” Tech whispered, kissing his brother's forehead.

Two weeks later…

"Tris, please calm down. The doctors said he was fine, he just had an odd beat in his heart rhythm" Fives tried to reassure his younger partner who was trying his hardest not to pace back and forward. Echo smiled watching Fives try and calm Crosshair while Hunter was speaking with the doctor with Kix. The man everyone was constantly worrying about had caved in to taking his painkillers but that didn't mean he allowed many pills, instead the Ryker siblings had found ways around it. 

Howzer and Wolffe had argued with the officers of Law enforcement about Kix staying but in the end they lost out. Howzer was gutted, he was intending to move the wedding venue when Ahsoka called Cody and spoke about the case. The older man had taken all her word into it and decided on something else which ended up being agreed since the older man needed a break. 

In Kix's place, Cody took the banishment. He didn't mind as he needed to find himself again. Obi-wan was in utter shock at his ex-lover, yes they were taking a break. Cody just needed time and Obi-wan had taken a long time to realise. So for the rest of the month Cody was home but he would vanish in a few days. He claimed it was his sacrifice as he felt like he deserved it. The others had yet to know about the arrangements, Jesse was going to tell them when Tech's brain surgery got in the way and decided against it.

"When will he wake?" Hunter questioned the doctor who sighed, explaining that these things take time. Wrecker had to visibly pull Hunter away from the doctors apologising while Kix spoke with them understanding their technobabble as Echo put it. 

After a good half an hour, Kix walked away from the medical health professionals and over to the worried family members. 

"So?" Wrecker looked up at Kix who sighed. 

"Physically he is fine. Mentally they won't know until he wakes up. It's a miracle he has lived this long with this tumour. He isn't out of danger but he will have to be careful and not do much when he wakes up so your jobs is to make sure he doesn't over do it" 

"That was a whole lot of information and not a lot of sense…" Hunter muttered, earning himself a slap from Fives who grinned as he did it. 

Kix sighed, "Tech will be fine, there are no dangers to his health as of yet. Just have faith…I need some fresh air" Kix said, walking out of the door. He was hunched over a little as he blinked back tears only to reach the outside of the private hospital. Noticing a bench, he sat down on it and took a deep breath. Feeling the air assault his lungs, he breathed deeply only to cough again. Tears brimmed the corners of his eyes but he had to keep going otherwise he would pass out.