Chapter 22

“Wrecker two on your left!” Hunter cried out as he dived for the door. Wrecker nodded to his older brother's orders, Tech smirked, it felt like they were back in the army with the way they were working. “Tech behind you”. The engineer heard Wrecker’s cry and set off a flashbang. Confusing the soldiers but soon they were unconscious by the giant's hands. Hunter smirked, the three looked down at the uniforms and smirked. They had a plan. Tech smiled, accepting the black helmet which would conceal his identity. 

During the time it took for them to get changed, Hunter radioed Rex who sighed in relief hearing his voice. Rex ensured that back-up was on the way, they would have to look for two wildcat helicopters heading their way soon. Hunter passed the radio over to Tech to describe the compound while he stuck his gear on. It only took a few more minutes until they were dressed and on the move yet again. They stuck to a normal pattern following others and putting on their best performance. 

“If I was Fives, where would I be?” Wrecker pondered to himself until he heard shooting from the nearby barn. "Follow what sounds like trouble" Tech grumbled Hunter smirked following his brother's eyesight, he patted him on the shoulder in thanks. Tech smirked leading the way, he fell back when they came upon the men shooting into the barn only to take cover when bullets came their way. Hunter smirked, signalling for his family to start taking out the enemy with their guns, although there would be bloodshed. They tried to avoid it as much as they could. “Hunter, this feels like a set-up, just look at their guns” Tech mentioned picking up a fallen gun, Hunter scoured his eyes over it. They were army based assault rifles. Hunter frowned, someone in the army was trying to set up Crosshair yet again but why?

Meanwhile inside the barn…

The shooting was muffled in his ears, "Omega! Hera! Keep him awake, do not let him fall asleep, use any means necessary" Kix instructed. Crosshair let out a pained scream as he tried to regulate his breathing, Kix was situated behind him holding him up in a half sitting slash lying position. “Kix, I’m low on ammo!” Fives cried out as he took out the guards nearest to them. Crosshair let out another moan, “Cross almost there. It will be a few more minutes until you're ready” Kix reassured the man despite him being 4 months early, Crosshair only nodded. He was stressed as hell but he had his dad with him, the only one he wished was here was…

“Crosshair! Stay with me!” Kix yelled at the marksman who was starting to drift off until something sharp stabbed his thigh. He cried out, Crosshair opened his eyes to see Omega with a small blade in her hand that was half submerged into his thigh. It felt like his lower half was on fire! Crosshair groaned squeezing Omega’s hand in thanks, he was going to murder Tarkin, Rampart and Sheamus once he was able to stand. 

“Nice shooting Fives! They are dropping like flies!” Hera shouted, “That’s not me!” Five’s reply made Kix look up from instructing Crosshair to take deep breaths. “If it's not you then who is it?” Kix asked. Fives looked back almost to say ‘How am I supposed to know?’. He only received the ‘look’ from the doctor, Fives held his hands up as he turned only to see three armed guards enter and bolt the door shut behind them. 

“Who are you!?” Fives demanded holding the pistol in front of him. Quickly three helmets lifted revealing Hunter, Tech and Wrecker. 

Fives sighed as he slumped slightly on himself, “Thank god, I’ve just ran out of bullets and without…”. Crosshair screamed as he felt the urge to push, Hunter was moving quickly pushing past Fives who didn’t mind but moved out of the way for Tech. “Shit! Cross, I’m here” Hunter whispered, taking Kix’s place, Wrecker moved the two girls away from the scene and decided to distract them. It wasn’t working one bit. Tech moved to help Kix, the engineer gestured for Fives to give him his hoodie. Omega offered hers too, Tech squeezed her arm in thanks.