Chapter 12

Wrecker gasped as he saw Crosshair on the phone, the marksman had his back turned before he hung up.

"Cross, is this real?" Wrecker asked in disbelief, Crosshair only nodded. The giant went to wrap him up when Crosshair spoke, "I have arranged for her to come to yours in the morning at 09:00am sharp, she can't wait to meet her little brothers again. Cody sent me a text a few minutes ago, explaining everyone is free to return home. Just to be careful". 

Once the marksman had finished typing on his phone, he headed inside. Tears filled his eyes but he knew now wasn't the time as he finished signing the paperwork to Cody who smiled at him in sympathy before heading to his car where Obi-one had just arrived. Crosshair felt empty, realisation had kicked in. He had lost almost everything in the past hour. 

"Cross, you coming? We are all heading back to the house" Tech spoke up from the doorway, Crosshair just nodded while grabbing his leather jacket that would have to suffice since he didn't have his overalls on him. Crosshair followed his twin out of the house, Hera smiled when she saw him. "Race you home!" She joked while climbing into Hunter's truck with Omega and Wrecker. 

Tech and Echo hopped into Fives car with Rex since the mini refused to start. Tech glared at his twin who promised he would sort it out later on. Kix and Jesse climbed into Jesse's car. Fives was the last out the house while he locked up for Rex. 

Crosshair sighed climbing onto his bike, he put his helmet on with a smile as he revved the engine of his favourite vehicle. He signalled for Hunter to go first after the police cruisers with the sniper taking up the rear.

They drove for ten minutes when Crosshair got a message, with skill and disapproving looks from Cody. Crosshair looked down at his phone only to gasp at the time. He revved the engine and made a signal to Cody who passed him a card that would save him if he got pulled over. He weaved in between the traffic on the highway and took off.

Wrecker had started a singing song in Hunter's truck with the girls who happily joined in when the blast of an engine beside them flew past them startled the small group. It was followed by a police car which was Cody's. Hunter shook his head at the marksman while Wrecker grinned as he watched the motorbike disappear into the distance. Rex groaned looking at Fives who shook his head signalling they had passengers. Rex couldn't believe that Fives was acting responsible but only because Echo was in the car. 

Kix smiled at Jesse who just nodded, turning his siren on to catch up with the others. The former police officer, now a medic , just laughed, gripping Jesse's thigh as the officer drove.

Soon enough Hunter and Fives vehicles reached the home of the bad batch with smiles. They noticed Crosshairs bike was still missing, signalling the marksman was still out. Echo smiled at the look of the house that had become their home over the years. 

"Hey Wrecker, we did speak to Crosshair and were going to take 99s house but instead Tech and I were thinking…" The giant turned to face Echo and Tech, "Go on?". Tech smiled urging Echo to continue, "While living at 99s would be cool. We were going to ask if you wouldn't mind building us a house on the property, Hunter agreed so with his permission would you be so kind as to draw it?" Wrecker just chuckled as he wrapped his arms around the two. "It would be my pleasure. I will get to work on it once I finish the barn" Wrecker replied. 

"Take all the time you need. I know Crosshair said stuff can be stored at father's if need be. So the barn can be knocked down and you can start fresh" Tech explained while entering the barn, he gasped when he saw something hidden under the tarp looking brand new almost like it shouldn't be in the dusty barn. 

"Is that what I think it is?" Wrecker asked, looking at the shape of it, none of them could be bothered to jump the boxes. "Looks like he has been working on it" Echo said to no one in particular. Tech smiled admiring his twin's handwork as the three moved away from the tarp and around the barn to sort out what to keep and throw away. Tech smiled knowing his own mini was in capable hands.