Chapter 27

It had been a wonderful two weeks one could say since the incident at the party. The police were on high alert looking out for a new suspect who was the cause for not only the car crash that Tech, Wrecker, Omega and Hera were involved in but the shooting. Crosshair had sent out a coded message to the Elite Squad who worked on his behalf when he couldn't. Fives took charge since Crosshair was unable to, plus the man was the marksman's second in command. A few members of the elite squad moved closer to where Crosshair resided but remained hidden in plain view. 

Wrecker had started work on the new house for Tech and Echo. The two helped the builder when he needed a hand, Hunter continued to work even during his time off. Crosshair had removed his 1954 Chevrolet Impala from the barn since they were knocking it down; it was in the garage beside Echo and Tech’s cars with a sheet thrown over it. Even though the marksman hadn’t said not to touch it, the others didn’t go anywhere near the car. They knew how much the car meant to Crosshair so they stayed away from it out of respect almost like his bike that was collecting dust beside the impala since the marksman could hardly do anything besides rest and recover. 

The day started off like any other day with everyone waking up and greeting each other. Naomi and Colton had become the most popular human beings in the house and Omega was loving it due to her uncles helping care for the twins. It gave her a chance to spend some time with her parents. Who despite one of them being exhausted all the time, she loved snuggling with them. Just like at the moment, she was curled up in bed with Hunter, her father suffering with a major migraine. Crosshair was in the room originally but decided to get some fresh air. The marksman of their small family was recovering more from his cancer and trying to help out despite the others telling him to rest, he was being stubborn. To the point his twin had to direct him to relax, the man was restless and it couldn't be helped. 

Wrecker was out chopping wood and working on the plans for the house when Crosshair came out to join him. 

“Wrecker?” The giant stopped what he was doing to look at his brother in law who wore a bored expression. “Cross, what is it?” Wrecker asked more out of concern than worry especially since the marksman was in his dirtier jeans and painted hoodie. Crosshair smiled, “Fancy helping me with something?”. His question was met with a raised eyebrow and a small smile, “Depends what it is?”. Crosshair only grinned as he gestured for Wrecker to follow him. The builder did just that, Wrecker smirked at his brother in law who continued to direct Wrecker to the back fence where his surprise was waiting for him. Wrecker gasped. There were balloons attached to the garden fence but they were full of paint. “Crosshair!” he shouted in shock, the marksman's smile only widened, it made Crosshair look younger than what he was. 

“Think you can beat me this time?” Crosshair amusingly said passing over a dart gun to Wrecker, the giant looked at it in wonder, he had no idea and frankly he didn’t want to know where Crosshair had got the guns. There were five of them but Crosshair opted to use his crossbow. Wrecker grinned. 

“How many are there, Cross?” Wrecker directed his question at the marksman who grinned, 

“500”

 “How did you manage this?” Last Wrecker had checked, Crosshair was asleep on the sofa. 

“Fives” Crosshair smirked as he said his partner in crime's name. The two were unaware of the eyes watching. Omega and Hera hid behind the kitchen door, the two ready to watch.

“The guns have 100 darts in them so let's see if your aim is as good as your muscles, big guy” Crosshair teased, Wrecker looked back and faked a scoff as the two stood beside each other and took aim. 

“Ready?” Crosshair nodded looking at Wrecker who counted down. 

“3”

“2”