Chapter 36

Wolffe was furious, the words he had deciphered still haunted him. 

‘Trapped in jail cell, need rescued! Tarkin goon’s almost killed us three, after twins and a child, think it's Omega. Keep Tech and Crosshair safe, I love you - Howzer’

The ex-commander stood with Jesse and Rex while they went over the broken building. It was midnight and emergency services worked hard to look for survivors, Wolffe had kept the small device on him to try and communicate with his soon to be husband. The last thing he wanted was to lose Howzer not after years of being best-friends and after his wife’s death, Howzer was there for him for everything. So the least he could do was be there for his fiancé.

The least Wolffe expected to find was Kix performing cpr on his oldest brother with Fox helping, Wolffe felt like his world had collapsed until Howzer let out a startling gasp, Howzer shoved them back until his eyes connected with his fiancé, Wolffe was straight there holding Howzer close. Jesse smiled, helping Kix to his feet knowing his oldest brother had Howzer sorted while Rex tried to help Fox who only waved him off. The middle stubborn brother moved to help Wolffe with Howzer leaving Rex helping Kix and Jesse. 

Because there was no police station, the three brother’s had to be under watch by officers and these lucky officers turned out to be Rex, Jesse and Echo which would be fun for them. Especially with Fox due to the man’s vanishing act. He would disappear one minute then reappear the next. The three were shifted to a safe house as according to the criminal world, the three brothers were dead. The black suns on the other hand as soon as they heard the brothers had been arrested had gone into hiding, they would stay that way until the three brothers returned and word got out. But, for now that would have to wait. 

Obi-wan was furious; he stormed into the safehouse and glared at the three brothers who all sat on one sofa not complying with any questions. Rex had tried to ease on them but none of them would reveal the information the two wanted.

"Kix, please. Just answer the question" Rex thought asking the youngest would get the other two to at least enlighten up. Jesse wasn't allowed in the room nor was Wolffe for obvious reasons.

"Tell me Rex, if your whole world crashed down on you several times over three decades, would you give away the most important kept secret of all time away to the law" 

"Yeah, if it was going to save loved ones" Rex answered, Kix could only shake his head.

"Not when it could cause law enforcement to fall apart. Our lips are sealed, try your best" Fox spoke up this time wrapping Kix up with an arm. The doctor didn't move from where he watched the officers carefully as Howzer didn't drop eye contact with Wolffe who stood on the other side of the glass. Wolffe had almost lost Howzer and now wasn't even allowed in the same room.

The door opened behind Rex and Obi-wan who groaned, "Officer Jesse for the last time, you can stay six feet apart from your…"

"I'm not Jesse" 

Three cold words turned all attention to Crosshair who was leaning against the doorway, technically he wasn't meant to be out of his room. The marksman also had his handcuffs off, the batch had gone back to their house leaving Echo and Crosshair in the safe house, basically the officer's den.

Echo was standing by the marksman's side in case he fell. Crosshairs health had dropped majorly but it seemed he was running on adrenaline.

"The information you are after would not only make you lose your job but your reputation and everything would be at stake. You could lose everything, if we spill and you might as well murder us otherwise suffer with the consequences" Howzer interrupted the silence as his eyes left Wolffe's to find Obi-wan's angry ones.