Chapter 24

"Hey Police! Stop right there!" Jesse gasped recognising the voice of Rex who sprinted past the door with officers chasing the man out the hospital. Kix wilted but caught himself as he unsealed the door only to meet the faces of Ahsoka, a dishevelled Rex and a worried Cody. 

The three moved to enter when Kix shook his head, the doctor left Thorn with Jesse and went to deal with another problem. The one from over the radio earlier. Jesse decided to give a report while medical staff busied themselves in the corridors. Cody was happy with the report and decided to catch Kix later when the doctor wasn't already in a pissed mood. Cody was about to leave when Kix suddenly appeared and slammed something into his chest. Cody only groaned, he and Kix never saw eye to eye but they respected each other. He looked down at the paperwork and gasped. As he was reading he looked up, "Can you prove it?" Cody asked, gaining everyone's attention. Kix nodded. "About what?" Rex asked. 

Cody gestured for them all to enter the bad batch’s room. Crosshair was awake with his eyes closed listening in, Cody however didn't know that. 

"This does not leave this room, understand" 

All heads nodded at Cody's words, Hera was asleep in Crosshairs arms so the marksman didn't move or acknowledge what Cody said. Because according to them all, Crosshair was asleep and not present. 

"Hospital Sabotage on surgeries and treatments" 

"What?Who?!" Ahsoka cried out, on instinct she latched onto Rex who held her steady. 

"Omega and Amber" 

"WHAT!" Two yells relating to the names came from both Ahsoka and Hunter in different tones. 

"Explain" Rex crossed his arms unimpressed.

"Amber died too quickly statistically" Kix explained, looking at his notes, "Omega went into surgery after the car crash to remove shrapnel but over an hour ago. I performed surgery to remove the biggest piece of shrapnel possible, that shouldn't have been there and would have been detected on the scanners. Therefore the surgeons either ignored it or it was planned this way" Kix concluded. Cody nodded. 

"So what evidence do you have for this?" Ahsoka asked with a hand on her hip, if her daughter had died by someone's hand. She was going to find them and torture them. 

"For starters, Amber was under my sole care and mine alone. Except the day I was off and Thorn took over. No one else bar her nurse had access to her and if they did it was reported on the charts but Cody had a look into the security and the night before when I told you she was going to make an excellent recovery. Someone entered and in ten minutes I got called in. The thing is the person never left, the window was open when I got in. I thought a nurse left it open but it looked like it was…." Kix stopped speaking as he coughed into his arm, his radio began to ring. "Two minutes," Kix said as he walked out of the room to answer it. They all watched him pace for a minute or two before he re-entered the room. 

"It was a set up" Cody finished for the coughing doctor. Kix nodded, accepting the water and steadying himself on Jesse who wrapped an arm around him.

"Are you saying someone is responsible for my babies death?" Ahsoka said, Kix nodded slightly with a wince. Rex remained impassive. It took a minute before Ahsoka slapped Kix hard across the face. His head snapped in the direction, "How dare you!" She got in his face, Kix only sighed, "Don't you dare sigh, my daughter could have been saved yet you took a day off and I lost my daughter!" Ahsoka was angry, she didn't realise what she was saying as she was blinded. Rex wrapped his arms around her to hopefully calm her. 

"You don't believe this do you!" Ahsoka asked the room. Rex shook his head but before the conversation could go on. Cody put a hand up, "Omegas surgery based on our evidence was compromised. There was an individual in the surgery who shouldn't have been in there and…"