Chapter 57

Silence filled the once lively house that belonged to Obi-wan and Cody, both of them on different pages due to the factor of trust around the now almost war zone. On one side of the room was Rex, Tech, Echo, Jesse, Kix, Obi-wan, Mace and Sheila. While on the other side was Wrecker, Rose, Fives, Hunter, Crosshair, Cody, Howzer, Wolffe and Fox. A few others were dotted around the house watching over the kids while Thorn and Gregor were on their way with Dusty and Duster, all four of them not amused to learn the news of the secret getting out. 

“So, does one of you want to explain what the hell is happening? And don’t you dare start with anymore lies” Cody’s cold tone had all heads turning to the former commander who had Crosshair beside him, the marksman remaining silent, both Hunter and Fives holding his hands, a bit difficult for Fives but they did so. 

“A series of classified events took place in order to work out who was actually after Crosshair, although some have been regretful, others haven’t. Someone within the force has been trying to take out the family belonging to Crosshair for one reason and one reason only. This reason is classified but everything that led up to this moment was because of what happened” Mace spoke calmly to the room only confusing some of them even more. 

“And let me guess you can’t tell us exactly what happened for the purpose of this secret keeping?” Fox spoke up, his eyes lingering over his baby brother who just looked utterly uncomfortable in Jesse’s arms. Kix was pale white and holding tightly to Jesse who remained impassive as eyes wandered over to the two of them.

“No, as it’s against military code” 

“Of course, this is the force’s fault. Why am I not surprised?” Cody muttered, hearing Sheila who had spoken up.

“Cody, I would watch your tongue” Obi-wan wanted. 

“Or what…you basically lied to my baby brother who has gone through hell for us all. None of you on that side of the room are innocent. Damn and I thought we were past lying Kenobi” Cody snarled, he stood up using his body to protect Crosshair who struggled to work out what was going on, he didn’t understand. Fives slipped to sit on his other side while Cody clearly challenged the others. 

“Cody, please let me explain something before you start accusing us of…” 

“Go on, might as well continue lying with your tongue, Windu” Cody muttered, still not sitting down. The others in the room sighed as they shared looks of who was going to spill the information that had been a secret for years.

“The truth is…” Sheila tried to ease it, she saw the disappointed look coming from Obi-wan who was violently shaking his head while Fives and Hunter couldn’t help but lean forward as they held tightly to their lover. Tech hung his head allowing Echo to pull him close. 

“Tristan Grayson died 34 years ago and he was the son of a very rich mafia family…” 

“Wait, what?” Fives exclaimed, tightening his grip on Crosshair who wore the most blank expression possible. 

“He was my twin and your baby brother Cody but then he was killed by a ruthless gang of bandits. At the time, our father needed another child, so he stole one, the same age and raised him as my twin and manipulated his blood to be identical” Tech admitted, hanging his head in utter shame. Echo pressed further into his back knowing this was one of the most kept secrets of the military for purposes that should be illegal. 

Cody felt the breath had been taken straight from him as he tried to work out what had just been said. 

“Who?” 

“Who what Hunter?” 

“Who did they take him from?” Hunter asked in a colder tone, holding Crosshair closely. The marksman was pale white and looked ready to collapse. Tech hung his head turning to Mace who nodded.