Chapter 52

Hours later…

“Are you sure you can do this?” 

Turning around, Crosshair saw both Fives and Hunter, his two older lovers were watching him with careful eyes as he packed his bag. Yep, it was true. He had confirmed it with Cody who would pick him up from the airport and personally drive him there to meet with Coric and the Ryker brothers. He had to do this not only for Kix and Jesse but for their children, even if he was included, he needed to sort everything out as he knew one thing: the biological children wouldn’t be able to handle this. 

“I will be…not really but Cody is going to pick me up” Crosshair whispered, reaching for the two. They immediately wrapped him up as he clung to them. Any sobs that were left in him were let out. 

“We can come with” Hunter pressed.

“No, let the kids enjoy the rest of their holiday”

“Do we tell them?” Fives asked, just as a knock on their bedroom door had all eyes turning. Hunter moved to answer the door while Crosshair used Fives body to compose himself and thank god he did because a stubborn fifteen year old with blond hair and her arms crossed stood there looking annoyed. 

“Megs? What’s wrong?” Hunter kneeled down only to be blanked as Omega walked past her father and papa, straight over to her mother. 

“What did they do?” Omega accused the two over her shoulder making Crosshair smirk, her mother kneeled down to kiss her hair. 

“They didn’t do anything” 

“Well why are you crying?” Omega pressed through her teeth. Fives and Hunter shared a ‘look’ their daughter was incredible. 

“Something has happened back at home with Kix and Jesse in which I need to leave…” 

“I’m not stupid. I know you are only protecting us but…” 

“Omega” Hunter warned knowing his daughter was one for speaking without thinking and the last thing they needed was for Crosshair to have another breakdown. 

“Shut up father, anyway before I was rudely interrupted. I know you need to deal with this before you share the news. So I suggest you go and deal with it. I will make sure to stay silent but I do need to talk to you when we return home, it’s over something majorly important and I don’t want to make you mad but it’s not up for discussion now. So, go and say your goodbyes. Know that I’m always here for you mother” Omega said with a mix of anger, snark and sadness in her tone as Crosshair lifted her onto his hip and hugged her tightly. 

“I love you Megan” 

“Love you too mother” 

Crosshair could only smile, kissing her head before putting her down and grabbing his bag. Immediately he left the room with his phone, passport and few other things. He headed for the living room only to smirk knowing one thing Tech wasn’t going to let him do this alone. 

“Come on Tris, we haven’t got long. Rose is staying here, she can’t see them in that state” 

Crosshair could only nod saying his last goodbyes before he climbed into the taxi with Tech and the two were on their way to the airport for the final time.

12 Hours Later…

Crosshair found himself standing beside Howzer and Fox, the two brothers not saying a word but confirming that it was indeed Jesse and Kix, the two were pale and peaceful. Crosshair could only blink when asked a few questions which he answered. He managed to sort the funeral arrangements out even if he did argue with a few military staff, he made sure that Jesse and Kix got the funeral they deserved.