3.

Max's POV

I was walking through the paddock with Daniel. I was happy Red Bull signed him again, it made everything better. "So we need to have a party before the season actually starts" Daniel looked at me, I could really need a party. I tried to forget about what happened last year, but it was hard. I lost everything in one night, my seat at Mercedes, the championship and most importantly I lost the love of my life.
"Great idea, we need to forget about how shit our car is" I said laughing. It wasn't that bad but Mercedes looked much faster. It would probably be another battle with them for the championship.

"How is Rylee doing?" He asked and looked at me. I knew they never got to know each other very well but he still cared about her. "She's good, she stayed in Monaco" we didn't really talk that much anymore so I assumed she was good. I saw Daniel looking at someone "Are you sure about that mate?" He pointed at someone. I looked at where he was pointing at and I saw Rylee. What the fuck was she doing here? "Give me one minute mate" I said and he nodded.

I walked up to Rylee, she actually smiled when she saw me but I wasn't amused at all. "What are you doing here?" She chuckled. "I am Lewis' PR manager" I couldn't believe her. She pushed me into staying with Red Bull and now she's working for Mercedes? The team I wanted to join. "What? Are you joking right now?" She started shaking her head. "You have Olivia right?" I didn't know what to reply, did she really think it was my choice?
I knew she would be mad that's also why I wanted to leave. "You must be fucking kidding me right now!" She chuckled again, putting her hand on my arm. "Oh but I am not and he'll beat your ass this season" Was this the girl I fell hopelessly in love with? I didn't recognize her at all.
Was Toto doing this to annoy me? He told me he would do everything to get me to Mercedes during the summer break but I guess the Wolffs fooled me once again. "Tell Toto that he just made the biggest mistake" I said and I turned around, walking to the Red Bull hospitality.

Daniel was standing outside with Christian so I joined them.
I looked back at Rylee and saw her standing with Toto and Lewis. I would do everything to beat them.
This was the last time they fooled me.

—————————

Daniel and I were standing at the bar. The Alpha Tauri and Mclaren boys joined us. We were having a fun evening until I saw the one person I wanted to forget about. I looked at her. What happened between us? Why did she act like I was the enemy?

"I know you love her but it's over mate" Daniel put his hand on my shoulder. He knew exactly who I was staring at. I knew he was right.
There was nothing left of our love.
I nodded and forced a smile. "Yes I know, it's just not easy" he nodded, putting a drink in front of me. "I know, this might help for now" I laughed and I grabbed the drink. I was so grateful for these people around me, I should focus on them instead of staring at someone who broke me.

DanielRicciardo: one more drink he said 🤔

Liked by @maxverstappen1, @pierregasly, @Landonorris

@maxverstappen1: it's just water guys calm down
  > @Landonorris: water with alcohol
@OliviaF1: Okay so I have to deal with hungover Max tomorrow 🙃
@user1: everyone preparing for the start of the season, Max drinking and partying
    > @user2: he'll stil win
    > @user3: calm down, a lot of other drivers where there too