14.

Max's POV

Even though I still had no news about my contract, I still decided to go to China, where the next race was about to take place.

I was sitting with Christian in the hospitality. He thought I blamed him for everything but honestly I didn't. I trusted them. He was looking at his phone. "Max I just got the email" I looked at him. I was waiting for him to tell me more. "Yes what does it say?" He looked up at me and smiled. His smile said enough. "Grab your helmet and go win this race" I got up and hugged him. I knew I could trust them. I was so relieved right now.

Practice was about to start so I ran to the garage.
Olivia ran after me and grabbed my arm. "Did they give you an answer yet?" I looked at her and pulled her in my arms. "Yes I can race again"
She smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my lips quickly. "I am so happy! You deserve it so much" she mumbled on my lips and I kissed her again.

———————

It literally never felt better to practice. I never realized how much racing actually meant to me.
After the interviews, we had a debriefing with the engineers. "The car felt great even though I know you all were probably worrying about our future as well." I said and I looked at them. They were smiling and nodding. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have this team. "Let's win this championship together" Christian nodded in agreement.
They were discussing some other things about the car, I wasn't really listening anymore. I decided to quickly text Rylee.

How are you feeling today?

Ryls 🧡 : hey! Good how are you?
Ryls 🧡 : I've heard the news
Ryls 🧡 : I am so happy for you

Thank you!
I will come see you after the race

It was weird not having her around the paddock but it wasn't healthy to fly all over the world and we wanted her to give birth with her family. Her mom and dad were living with her for the last couple of weeks. I was just praying I would be on time to be there with her as well. Even though we weren't together anymore, we could still be friends and great parents together.

@Maxverstappen1 : China, I'm happy to be here and race again

@Maxverstappen1 : China, I'm happy to be here and race again. Let's win this together

Liked by @RedBullracing, @DanielRicciardo, @RyleeWolff and 892.729 others

@RedBullRacing: The lion is back!
@DanielRicciardo: Good to have you back mate
@OliviaF1: ugh! 🥰❤️
@user1: show them who's back
@user2: soooo happy

———————-

I was walking back to my car with Olivia. She was holding my hand and I knew she was happy for me.
I actually really started to like her.
"Are you gonna fly straight to Baku after this race?" She looked at me, I started shaking my head. "I am going back to Monaco" she nodded. I knew she understood why I wanted to go to Monaco first. She didn't mind or she wasn't jealous, which made me fall in love with her even more.
"Can I come?" I opened the car and sat down.
I looked at her smiling. "Of course you can"
I put my hand on her thigh and she leaned over to kiss me quickly.
Everything was starting to fall in place again.