72.

I was walking through the paddock with Kai. I guess no one expected me to be back here and unfortunately for me, the first one I saw was Olivia.
"Did Max really take you back after everything you did?" she snapped. I rolled my eyes at her. Word travels fast I guess.

"Hi Rylee, Oh my God look how cute Kai is" Selena walked up to us, completely ignoring Olivia.
"Hi Selena, yes he looks a lot like his dad I guess" I could hear Olivia chuckle behind me.
"And you are?" Selena looked at Olivia. I figured it was the first time they actually met. "Olivia" she took a few steps forward, facing Selena. "Oh right, I took your job" she smiled at her but I knew Olivia too well. I knew she was gonna give a snarky response. "No they gave you my job because you're Christian's niece" now Olivia was smiling at her as well. This was so awkward to witness.
"Leave me and Rylee alone okay? Or I will show you the perks of being his niece"
George walked up to Selena and put his hand on her back. It was my cue to leave this scene quickly.
After all, I had Kai with me and I didn't want him to start crying or whatever.

I walked to the Red Bull hospitality, I felt really uncomfortable to be here but I was here for Max, not for them. I walked in his drivers room, he was already laying on his couch.
He sat up as he saw me walking in. I walked to him, I put a letter on his lap. "What's this?" He looked up at me and Kai. "The results you wanted" he nodded and put it on his table. "You're not gonna check it?" I was confused, why did he ask for them if he wasn't going to look at it?
"No, I trust you" he got up and grabbed Kai out of my hands. I looked at him, I couldn't believe it. Did he just do this to get back at me?

I shook my head and wanted to walk out, I couldn't look at him right now. "I will come and get Kai when you have to get ready" I mumbled as I walked to the door. He grabbed my arm quickly.
"Wait, are you mad or something?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Why did you ask for it if you're not gonna look at it?" He looked at Kai and then back at me. "I don't know Ryls, because I was being pathetic? I know he's mine" I sighed, I looked at the both of them. This was my family and I wanted to be with them.
"Do you still love me?" I asked. I was afraid of the answer but I needed to know. "Yes, but I just wish we could start over, we've been through so much shit together." He sighed. What did I expect him to answer? "I just wish we could act like we never met and get to know each other all over again" he continued and I nodded. I understood what he meant, he wished that we could both forget all the shit. I really wish that we could do that as well.

@MaxVerstappen1: hiya Texas! 🤠

Liked by @RedBullRacing, @OliviaF1, @LandoNorris and 619.729 others.

@DanielRicciardo: lookin' good fellah
@LandoNorris: you look 16 again
@user1: Good luck 🍀
@user2: Champiooooon!

—————————

I was standing in the garage with Selena. She was holding Kai and making silly faces to him.
I was telling her about what happened with Max. "Okay, then just get to know him all over again?" She just said. I looked at her confused.
"We are having some kind of fancy event tonight. Put on a dress, do your hair and makeup" she put Kai down on a table. He was sitting on it and looking at her. He liked her, I could see that. "And just flirt with him like you don't know who he is" she continued. I looked at her, it was actually a great idea.
We were more than just parents, but lately we've been acting like the only thing that connected us was Kai. He was important but we fell in love way before we had him.

"I think we're gonna be the best friends"
I looked at Selena and she laughed. I really liked her silly personality. She reminded me so much of myself.