38.

F1news: heartbreak for Max Verstappen

F1news: heartbreak for Max Verstappen. He had to retire his car again. Definitely not the result he wished for.

Liked by 539.729 users.

@user1: unreliable car for sure
@user2: unbelievable, what is happening?
@user3: come to Mercedes!

————————

I threw my gloves against the wall of our garage. I couldn't believe this. What was happening with our car? I couldn't do anything about this. I didn't crash or performed bad, the car was just unreliable and had no pace at all.

I couldn't stay in our garage anymore, I just wanted to get out and go to my room. I walked out shaking my head. I just wanted to be alone and luckily everyone understood that.

I ran up the stairs of our hospitality and walked to my drivers room. I sat down on the couch and turned the tv on. If Lewis would win this race, he would be leading the championship again but luckily he didn't win. Charles won again and he ended up in P5. It wasn't a great day for him either.

There was a light knock on my door, it was Olivia. "Sorry to bother you but you have to do your interviews" I nodded and got up. It wasn't her fault so I shouldn't make her job even more difficult. I was walking with her through the paddock. "I know you don't want to, but try to be as positive as you can" of course she would say this but what did she expect me to say? That this was a great car and that I loved driving it?
We walked in the media pen, I smiled quickly at Rylee who was standing next to Lewis.
Every reporter in the media pen asked the same questions. If I knew what was wrong with the car or if it was the same issue as during qualifying. Honestly I didn't know. It was weird that we had a good car but it all changed overnight.

—————————

Rylee and I were packing to go to Austria. The next race was back in her home country and we wanted to arrive a little earlier so we could spend some time with her parents and maybe with Toto.
"Baby don't worry about it too much, your car will be fine" Rylee walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me. She wanted to comfort me and tell me that everything would be alright but I wasn't sure about that.
"I know, we just have to enjoy the next couple of days with your family" she smiled and nodded. I was excited to spend some time with her, she would show me around her hometown and I would finally meet some of her friends from back home.