84.

Toto and Mercedes released a statement about his retirement and his replacement by Rylee.
Rylee wasn't here today so that meant that I had to catch the bombs.

As soon as I walked in the paddock, I was chased by multiple reporters. "Max are you staying at Red Bull now that Rylee will be the team boss of Mercedes?" I ignored them, I tried to walk passed them.
Luckily my trainer was walking with me so he pushed a couple of people away.
"Max, what do you think about Rylee joining Mercedes?" Another one asked.
I knew this wasn't gonna stop, the press conference was probably gonna be all about this.

I walked in the hospitality, leaving the swarm of people behind me. "You brought your fanclub" Selena jokingly said. "Yes prepare yourself for a lot of questions" I patted her back. I knew she must receive a lot of mails as well.
"Yeah so we declined all interviews with Sky Sports and you can just ignore all questions about Rylee and Mercedes." She walked with me to my drivers room, going over the day. "It has nothing to do with you or us anyway" she continued as we walked inside. I just nodded.
I knew it probably wasn't gonna be possible to ignore them but we could atleast try.
"Between us, are you gonna stay?" She looked at me as I sat down. I shrugged my shoulders. Honestly I didn't know. "Christian is gonna offer you a contract today" she continued. I knew it was coming. "For how long?" I looked at her. I wasn't gonna sign a one year contract anymore.
"Multi year, probably five years, he really wants to keep you" I nodded. I really had to make my mind up.

It was Thursday so that meant media day, the most horrible day of the week. I really hated it and even more today.
"So you're with George, Lando, Esteban and Pierre in the press conference" Selena said as we walked to the press conference together.
Luckily, It weren't the most horrible people to be with.
"Remember, don't go in too much details about the Mercedes thing" she reminded me again. "Yes mom" I said laughing. "And don't be rude or give stupid answers" she continued.
I laughed. She knew me too well already.

We walked in together. She sat down somewhere in the back of the room and I sat down in front of the room.
Lando sat down next to me. "Mate, good luck" he whispered and laughed. I rolled my eyes. He knew it was not gonna be a fun press conference for me, it never was to be honest.
"Question for Max, in which team do you see yourself next year?" There it was, the first question of the day. "Difficult to say as I can't look into the future but I'll try to win the constructors championship with Red Bull and we'll see after that" he nodded, he probably wasn't satisfied with the answer but I couldn't care less.

"Question for George, how do you feel about Rylee being your team boss next year?" He grabbed the mic, he was thinking about his answer.
"I'm looking forward to work with her. It will be different from working with Toto but I'm sure she will do great" he smiled but I could see that he wasn't too convinced about his answer.
He was probably also scared to lose his seat at Mercedes.

"Another question for Max, how do you think this will influence your relationship with Rylee?" I shrugged my shoulders. Another stupid question. "It will not influence my relationship at all" I quickly answered and put the mic down.
He laughed a little. "She will be your boss or the boss of the rival team, it probably will influence your relationship" I grabbed the mic from the floor. "For what kind of gossip magazine do you work? I thought this was about racing, not about relationships"
I just wanted to be done with this press conference.
Luckily no one dared to ask another question about this.

I walked out of the press conference when George walked after me. "Are you going to Mercedes next year?" I saw how nervous he was about it.
"I don't know mate, I honestly don't think so, don't worry" he nodded relieved but I knew he wasn't too convinced but to be honest, I wasn't too convinced either.

@F1news: Max didn't look too pleased with the questions about his future. Claims that 'he can't look into the future' when asked about next year.

Liked by 194.739 users.

@user1: Leave the guy alone
@user2: And who would they drop? George?
   > @user3: why him? Max and Lewis in 1 team??
   > @user4: recipe for disaster