78.

I was laying down on the couch in my drivers room. Selena was sitting down on the couch, my legs were on her lap and her arms were laying on my legs, she was busy texting or replying emails on her phone.
"It's almost time to get ready Max" she softly said as she looked at me. I sighed and nodded.
I felt a little nervous, I just hoped I wouldn't have to retire the car again, I wanted to win this championship today.

"Don't be nervous Max" she smiled as she rubbed my legs soft. I got up a little, I was now sitting next to her. "I just don't want the car to mess up again" I sighed again. I was sure I would win it if the car was fine.
"Don't worry about it, I fixed that" Selena nonchalantly said. What did she mean by that? How did she fix that? "What do you mean?" I looked at her as she was getting up. She quickly fixed her hair and looked at me. "It was Olivia and a stupid mechanic she was sleeping with. Christian kicked her out" she said as if it was nothing. I didn't even notice Olivia wasn't around anymore. How did she figure it out though?
I got up and pulled her into a hug. "Fuck, you're literally the best" she giggled as she wrapped her arms around me. Her hugs were honestly the best.
"I just want you to win this, I believe in you Max" she softly whispered.
I was definitely gonna win this, for her, for Rylee and for this team.

———————

"You're free to push Max" GP said on the radio.
It was my sign to go as fast as I could because I would box soon. I was in P2 right now but I knew I could catch Charles.
"Box to overtake" We wanted to try to overtake Charles by doing a fast pitstop. I knew my team could do it, they were the fastest on the grid.
They proved themselves once again. Charles still had to pit so I had to push everything out of this car.
He went into the pits and luckily he came out of it behind me.
The only thing I had to do was win this race and that was exactly what I did a couple of laps later.
"Max Verstappen, you are the world champion, the world champion!!" Christian yelled his famous line again. It didn't feel the same as the first time but it still felt fucking amazing especially after last year.
"YES! Thank you so much for everything. We did this as a team!" I was so happy right now, everything was going so well right now.
I was ready to go out and go crazy with my team.

I jumped out of my car and ran up to them. I jumped into their arms, I was so fucking happy with this team. They pointed to Rylee as I was looking for her and I pulled her into my arms.
I was so happy to have her here with me, to celebrate the championship together.
I took my helmet off and put my cap on, I looked around, I was trying to find Selena.
I ran up to her as I saw her. She opened her arms laughing and pressed her cheek against mine as she hugged me. "I am so proud" she whispered.
She probably didn't know it, but she really helped me to win this championship. "Thank you, for everything" I whispered back.

She probably thought I forgot about our little event after the race but I didn't. I would definitely take her somewhere fun after the podium ceremony and interviews. She definitely pushed me to win this championship.

As always I received a couple of pats on my back.
My dad was standing in the garage, he looked at me smiling. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him. "I am proud of you son" he said as he hugged me. It were six little words I always wanted to hear from him. "But you really need to dump that Wolff girl" and he had to mess it up every time. I quickly took a step back and sighed.
"Why should I dad? I love her" I looked at her, she was laughing with Selena. Her laugh was the prettiest thing in the world. "Who are you looking at exactly?" He said and patted my back laughing while walking away.
I looked at him as he was walking away. I was looking at Rylee obviously. I looked at the both of them again. What was he even implying?

MaxVerstappen1: We did it! Many thanks to my amazing team, I couldn't have done it without you guys! 🧡

Liked by @RyleeWolff, @RedBullRacing, @KellyPiquet and 729.739 others

@RyleeWolff: YOU did this 🧡
@RedBullRacing: CHAMPION!
@LandoNorris: Congratulations big boy!!
@SelenaRB: Yes yes yes! So proud!